Ps 161 The Crown 4

Posted April 02, 2014
My daughter is in the 2 nd grade now at this school. She started with the gifted and talented program in kindergarten. I was upset that the class size increase in the 2nd grade and there have been some shifts. The teachers I have worked with are great. Phone, email communication...I love it! The principal is also awesome. Never had any issues with the school thus far.

Ps 161 The Crown 5

Posted January 14, 2014
This school has come a long way from the last Principal the new Principal has done an excellent job in turning it around ...

Ps 161 The Crown 2

Posted January 05, 2012
The school has a new Principle and he is wonderful. I want to see if he can turn this school around, I hope so because the middle school was terrible HORRIBLE last year. The new principal has really changed things but iit is not enough yet. Fairness, he's only been there for 3 months. If you have a bright middle schooler, don't send them here because the other students will pull your child down. Good teachers focus on the ones that need help but at this critical stage, ALL of the children need help.

Ps 161 The Crown 3

Posted May 25, 2010
My son is in Kindegarten at PS 161. From Day 1, I did not like the atmosphere. Children were running around the cafeteria with no supervision, (teachers were just standing there doing nothing), the floors were wet with milk spills (no one came to clean them up). The so-called helpers were rude and disrespectful, they did not show any regard to my feelings, I am a first time mother, this is my first experience with the public school system as a mother. I attended public school and my has it changed. They treat parents like the enemy. Fortunately, I see signs of learning from my son. He is doing well. I know that is important, but when I can, I will remove him from this school to find one with more professionalism and respect.

Ps 161 The Crown 2

Posted April 22, 2010

Ps 161 The Crown 3

Posted October 28, 2009

Ps 161 The Crown 5

Posted March 24, 2009

Ps 161 The Crown 0

Posted January 26, 2009
Both of my children attend this school. Although they are doing well w/their school and homework this school offers no conflict resolution, regular gym activities, art, or anything outside of school work. My daughters teacher this year is very immature and doesn t show the level of care that the Stellar program should offer. The amount of staff that care decreases year after year (my children have been in the school since k-3/4 grade). The Crown school indeed reaps all the benefits given to the school. Ever since it was added attention given to the elementary part of the school has dramatically decreased. It seems like the entire extra curriculum and activities are given to the JHS instead of nurturing the younger children. Hopefully I am able to get my kids in a Charter school that can nurture and enhance their learning instead of limiting them.

Ps 161 The Crown 1

Posted June 10, 2008
The first grade should be a memorable for all six-year-olds. My daughter has had an unforgettable experience since attending The Crown School. There is a tremendous cultural bias at at the school. There should be cultural training classes for some of the teachers. My daughter's teacher is culture shocked. I don't know how they teach in the Carribean, but public school should not be military school. Seriously considering changing schools.

Ps 161 The Crown 4

Posted May 07, 2008

Ps 161 The Crown
330 Crown St, Brooklyn, NY  11225
Last modified Ps 161 The Crown is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 161 The Crown Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top