Posted March 23, 2012
This school needs a complete overhaul. The school is out of control, the students are in the hallways, walk in and out of the classrooms as they please..profanity is constant, and there is simply no structure for these students. The principal is great, but her assistant principal Ms. Ford is a tyrant and bully to her staff and has no ability to manage the students. Her poor leadership can be seen in how she talks to her staff, the children, and the lack of respect and professionalism she carries overall. I have seen her in action, and I was shocked. There is no coincidence when a school is failing, the lack of leadership is the main reason here. She has proven she can not handle this job and the students do not deserve the lack of leadership and accountability for the failing of this school.

Posted February 09, 2011
i dont agree with this school. im not saying its a bad school but its just not good enough towards academic wise but i will give them props for enrollment.

Posted July 08, 2010
I taught there during Ortega's first year. She makes up statistics and grades out of thin air, completely fabricated.There were fights every day, but she only reported 1 incident. I told her that's not even close to reality and that perhaps we should ask the teachers, whereupon she threatened to fire me. In fact, I fractured my thumb breaking up a fight in my class but was forced to teach the rest of the day. Disgusted, I quit with 2 weeks left in the year without submitting grades for my 387 writing students...but I'm sure she created something for them. She had told me, "If they do anything, pass them."

Posted May 30, 2009

Jhs 166 George Gershwin 0

Posted May 03, 2009
I believe that this school is very strict at times I didnt like it but it got me into Canarsie High an I graduated with great credits bein able to skip 2 grades at 16 thankyou Mrs.Ortega an Mr.E sighned Sonya Woody

Posted January 12, 2009
sorry for every parent that put 5 stars on this school i am a student of this school saying that it is the worst school i have ever been to an great schools rating is correct when they say 1out of 10 and this school does not have control of anything it is easly said one of the worst schools of the area

Jhs 166 George Gershwin 5

Posted November 14, 2008

Jhs 166 George Gershwin 4

Posted May 13, 2008

Jhs 166 George Gershwin 5

Posted November 27, 2007

Jhs 166 George Gershwin
800 Van Siclen Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11207
Last modified Jhs 166 George Gershwin is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 166 George Gershwin Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top