Bad
Good

The reviews posted here are largely disturbing. I attended PS 167 in the late 40's and early 50's. It was a wonderful school held in high regard within the system. My star rating is based past experience only. It is my fond wish that it draw upon its glorious past, improve dramatically and, by so doing, honor its alumni and the memory of long departed teachers and principals such as Mr. August Lodato.

In the mid 80's, I went to this school. My parents couln't afford catholic school any longer, so this was my zone school. The nieghtboorhood was rough and their were fights after school everyday. However; I had a wonderful teacher named Mrs. Erlickson. I always felt safe in my classroom. I also participated in a story telling contest and was put in the gifted class in fourth grade.

Teachers are uninvolved--you never get ANY type of notifications on the school activities or events until the last minute. This school doesn't believe in sending home pertinent information to parents, your left to asking when you hear about something then it's asking one after another. The children in cafeteria are unsupervised and out of control. It's as if the staff doesn't want to do so everybody does nothing--MAJOR behavioral problems. And by the way I've never met nor seen the school principal this whole school year. These previous post HAD to be written by staff. Ask a parent what they think. I hope the 1 star stands for unsatisfactory and/or unsatisfied.

This school is brilliant it has excellent teachers,school leadership,and challenging academic programs.My child loves the school she said she would love to have three more years in the school,so I will let her.

April n9 2010 Great school! The new principal is a powerful leader. She is fair and the students adore her. The shool has shown such a marvelous inprovement this year. i can finally see some happy teachers which means happy students. My sons love the school. much love to the new principal!

i'm very happy with the school p.s 167 because the teacher and therapists help my son a lot. My son is in a special education and I see his progress much better. I give 5

Unorganized, and no control over the class rooms. I must say, as a parent, I am frustrated with the school system. Where is the need and desire to educate our young people? Some school teachers just want to earn a check rather that educate. I took my daughter out of this school and pray that parents who want the best for there child(ren) do the same. Our kids deserve better.

A school that is not worth the headaches! Poor leadership with a feeling of not being wanted or needed. This is my son's last year.

Last modified Ps 167 The Parkway is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.