Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 21, 2015
The homework is just right because it give the kids sufficient time to complete revise and have reasonable bed time.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 21, 2015
I 100% believe the school develops persistence grit and determination in its students if they didn't we will not have the scores we currently have.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 21, 2015
I 100% believe the kids have developed respect for the teachers and teachers respect the kids greatly.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 21, 2015
Our principal, parent coordinator, teachers and staff work long hours in order for our kids to have the education they are getting at PS 172 through that means they care and is compassionate about teaching our kids.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 21, 2015
All kids are treated and disciplined equally. Information shared to parents and kids from the school displays honesty and integrity.

Posted October 21, 2015
I have been a parent of PS 172 for the last 8yrs with one of my kid graduating and I currently have a 4th grader still attends. The progress I've seen over the years at PS 172 has been extraordinary. Having a new art teacher for the last year not just for art but also using art as therapy for the kids that needs it. Admiration who is always striving for betterment, leadership and success, to the PTA going from having no enrichment at PS n172 to raising funds and creating opportunity for over 10 enrichment programs over the last 2 yrs. Thank you Mr. Spatola and Staff for all your continued hard work giving our kids the best learning environment any parent desires their child or children to have in the public school system. I must conclude this note by saying the family comfort and environment around the school is thanks to our "AMAZING PARENT COORDINATOR MRS. HENDRICKSON" THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO FOR THE PARENTS OF PS 172.

Posted October 24, 2013
My children enjoys going to school. This school creates the best learning . Thank you ps172 for creating

Posted October 12, 2013
I love this school! I unfortunately had to leave in 3rd grade. When we came back to New York I wished it was both an elementary and middle school. Mr.Spatola is a great principal. The teachers and staff are really nice. It has a great arts program. Sometimes I still visit during summer school so I could see my music teacher and the staff that say how much I've grown. My mom went there when Mr.Spatola was still there. I wish I could go there forever. Amazing school. I wish I could give it 100 stars.

Posted October 10, 2013
PS 172 is an amazing school with great leaders within the teaching/ support staff, PTA and most importantly the students. My daughter has been a student since kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. Every teacher she has had has been amazing, friendly and dedicated to ensuring that she and her classmates reach their potential. My daughter tested for G&T the past 2 years, but I have not changed her because this school is one of the best in all of NYC. The PTA really make a difference. The recent board has been really great at creating fun and enriching programs/ events which bring the community together. This is definitely the best school in Brooklyn!

P.S. 172 Beacon School Of Excellence 4

Posted October 10, 2013
Public school education doesn't get a lot better than this especially in early childhood. From the principal right down to the custodial staff everyone here is focused on providing the best learning environment our kids can get. This school was one of the top five reasons we purchased a home in the neighborhood.

825 4th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11232
Last modified P.S. 172 Beacon School Of Excellence is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.