Bad
Good

Amazing school! The Principal is super friendly and always outside to welcome students and their parents

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework is just right because it give the kids sufficient time to complete revise and have reasonable bed time.

Develops character: Strongly agree

All kids are treated and disciplined equally. Information shared to parents and kids from the school displays honesty and integrity.

I have been a parent of PS 172 for the last 8yrs with one of my kid graduating and I currently have a 4th grader still attends. The progress I've seen over the years at PS 172 has been extraordinary. Having a new art teacher for the last year not just for art but also using art as therapy for the kids that needs it. Admiration who is always striving for betterment, leadership and success, to the PTA going from having no enrichment at PS n172 to raising funds and creating opportunity for over 10 enrichment programs over the last 2 yrs. Thank you Mr. Spatola and Staff for all your continued hard work giving our kids the best learning environment any parent desires their child or children to have in the public school system. I must conclude this note by saying the family comfort and environment around the school is thanks to our "AMAZING PARENT COORDINATOR MRS. HENDRICKSON" THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO FOR THE PARENTS OF PS 172.

My children enjoys going to school. This school creates the best learning . Thank you ps172 for creating

I love this school! I unfortunately had to leave in 3rd grade. When we came back to New York I wished it was both an elementary and middle school. Mr.Spatola is a great principal. The teachers and staff are really nice. It has a great arts program. Sometimes I still visit during summer school so I could see my music teacher and the staff that say how much I've grown. My mom went there when Mr.Spatola was still there. I wish I could go there forever. Amazing school. I wish I could give it 100 stars.

PS 172 is an amazing school with great leaders within the teaching/ support staff, PTA and most importantly the students. My daughter has been a student since kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. Every teacher she has had has been amazing, friendly and dedicated to ensuring that she and her classmates reach their potential. My daughter tested for G&T the past 2 years, but I have not changed her because this school is one of the best in all of NYC. The PTA really make a difference. The recent board has been really great at creating fun and enriching programs/ events which bring the community together. This is definitely the best school in Brooklyn!

Public school education doesn't get a lot better than this especially in early childhood. From the principal right down to the custodial staff everyone here is focused on providing the best learning environment our kids can get. This school was one of the top five reasons we purchased a home in the neighborhood.

My children go to this school and we love it. Education is of the level of a gifted and talented program and is geared specifically to each child.

I am very happy at PS172. I know my children are getting a top notch education in a safe, caring environment that will address my concerns and their individual needs. At a time when the curriculum and testing has become so tough its nice to know my kids won't be left behind.

Last modified P.S. 172 Beacon School Of Excellence is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.