Brooklyn, NY

Posted October 24, 2013
My children enjoys going to school. This school creates the best learning . Thank you ps172 for creating

Posted October 12, 2013
I love this school! I unfortunately had to leave in 3rd grade. When we came back to New York I wished it was both an elementary and middle school. Mr.Spatola is a great principal. The teachers and staff are really nice. It has a great arts program. Sometimes I still visit during summer school so I could see my music teacher and the staff that say how much I've grown. My mom went there when Mr.Spatola was still there. I wish I could go there forever. Amazing school. I wish I could give it 100 stars.

Posted October 10, 2013
PS 172 is an amazing school with great leaders within the teaching/ support staff, PTA and most importantly the students. My daughter has been a student since kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. Every teacher she has had has been amazing, friendly and dedicated to ensuring that she and her classmates reach their potential. My daughter tested for G&T the past 2 years, but I have not changed her because this school is one of the best in all of NYC. The PTA really make a difference. The recent board has been really great at creating fun and enriching programs/ events which bring the community together. This is definitely the best school in Brooklyn!

Ps 172 Beacon School Of Excellence 4

Posted October 10, 2013
Public school education doesn't get a lot better than this especially in early childhood. From the principal right down to the custodial staff everyone here is focused on providing the best learning environment our kids can get. This school was one of the top five reasons we purchased a home in the neighborhood.

Posted October 10, 2013
My children go to this school and we love it. Education is of the level of a gifted and talented program and is geared specifically to each child.

Posted October 07, 2013
I am very happy at PS172. I know my children are getting a top notch education in a safe, caring environment that will address my concerns and their individual needs. At a time when the curriculum and testing has become so tough its nice to know my kids won't be left behind.

Posted October 07, 2013
I think this one of the best school there is . I have to kids there now , and one that already gradated from there. The teacher are great , the principal Mr.spatola is a great man , he care's about every single kid, he is always there for them. One of my kid is on 3rd grade, and the other one just start it pre-k. This is a great school kids learn to read quick , teachers take there time with the kids and help others if there are having trouble, they help each child. I would recommend this school to everyone ...

Ps 172 Beacon School Of Excellence 4

Posted October 07, 2013
P.S. 172 is one of New York City's public school gems! Under the long-term leadership of G. Jack Spatola, the school and its dynamic group of incredibly hard working teachers/staff do a phenomenal job of providing a fun and safe space that inspires our children to learn and be creative. Parents are welcomed and can often be found volunteering in many ways an under-resourced public school needs help from translating for other families to planning fun family events. I am so very grateful that our family has been able to be part of the truly special PS 172 community. It's not perfect but it is constantly improving and that is a great thing to be a part of. We love PS 172!!!

Posted October 06, 2013
My daughter is in 2nd grade this year she started at PS 172 in kindergarten my experience has been great. The principle Mr. Spatola is always on point the kids love him,he knows all the children by name and he has a great relationship with all of them. My daughter had a hard time for a little while but Mrs Hendrickson was my rock! I love PS 172, you rock!

Posted October 06, 2013
This school has an amazing staff down to the principle that care about our children. My daughter just entered 2nd grade and loves school loves learning it's all about the environment they create to support the children learning. Blue ribbon school in 2011.

Ps 172 Beacon School Of Excellence
825 4th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11232
Last modified Ps 172 Beacon School Of Excellence is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 172 Beacon School Of Excellence Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top