Ps 176 Ovington 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Looking forward to sending my son to the school. Parents like the school. They like the curriculum.

Posted October 22, 2013
It is really a good school. My son is in this school and we appreciate the way they are organize . The principal is really smart woman and always and everywhere in help for everybody. I.m feeling lucky having my son in this school.

Posted September 10, 2013
My son was fortunate enough to be accepted at PS176 because of the gifted and talented program. This is not our zone school so we must commute on a daily basis. There is a reason why every parent in and around the area wants their kids to attend this school. Space is at a premium here and everyone wants in. I personally feel that the Delta Program here is primo and enriching. My son enjoys being in a class of his peers instead of being bored and acting out in regular classes. The program and other gifted kids challenge him and keep him engaged. I'm not sure about the rest of the classes but the Delta Program is definitely the best program in and around the neighborhood. It's under the radar and far from pretentious, they are treated like all the other classes with the exception of what they learn within the class. It's the gateway to better and better things my son's educational career. I thank all the Delta Teachers and principal for giving us such a wonderful program.

Posted May 18, 2013
I attend this school right now and I am in fifth grade, I have been in this school since Kindergarten and will be Graduating this month, I have been attending the gifted classes and I think this is an awesome school. Ms.Culkin let's us express our creativity and does her best to meet all of us. The teachers do their best on this school and most of my class, including I, have gotten into McAuliffe, a very great middle school in District 20. I recommend this school to people everywhere, it is a bully-free zone and we don't get too much homework. My older sister, older brother, and little brother have attended this school and they are all doing great. My brother got accepted into Baruch College and my sister got accepted into Brooklyn Tech High School. I've been attending this school my whole life and have made many friends. I will miss this school dearly.

Posted March 16, 2013
My son is in kindergarten . He loves his school so much . His teacher is miss Procovas .she is great and active , and she always helps me to push him at home ,and the principle is awesome and respectful.

Posted October 02, 2012
My son is having some behavioral issues in his kindergarten class. Ms. Culkin and the administration team showed great professionalism in helping my son. I'm very happy that my son is attending this great school!

Posted May 16, 2011
My son is in kindergarten, his teacher is Mrs.Brucculeri she is great & they have alot of activities. He learned so much in his first year and he loves the school. I highly recommend this school to you.

Ps 176 Ovington 1

Posted April 23, 2011
I have 2 children enrolled at this school. The administration is demanding and disorganizaed. The principal seems to worry more about decorating the school than the education of the students. The poor teachers work very hard, yet they seem very stressed by the demands of the administrators. I've seen many of my children's friends request a transfer to another school because the principal does not allow parents to question her methods. Parents are only invited to be involved if they do everything her way. Any other ideas are quickly dismissed because she has the "right" answer, not us.

Ps 176 Ovington 4

Posted April 27, 2010
My douther is new to the school, and she loves it. The Principal is amazing, she's helpful

Ps 176 Ovington 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Ms. Culkin is an energetic, creative leader who offers the families of P.S. 176 many enjoyable and unique experiences to share with our children. The staff is dedicated and loving including the security guards who learned my daughter's name from day one and always have a smile for her.

Ps 176 Ovington
1225 69th St, Brooklyn, NY  11219
Last modified Ps 176 Ovington is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 176 Ovington Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.