Bad
Good

The school is average. I wish their was a stronger PTA body. PTA is not only about raising money. They should advocate for the interest of the students. For example, students do not have consistence playground time during warm weather. Parents should advocate and ask administration why students are not allowed in the playground for recess. Secondly, the school does not have after school. Parents are not advocating for after school programs. PS 177 Parents lets start taking to administration about a better 2017-2018 school year.

Amount of homework: Agree

Average homework for first grade is fair. Reading expectation is average. But I wish they more hands on science; in a science lab.

Teachers and staff communicates very well with me about my first grader. Easy to approach during pick up time.

The student watch too much movies after lunch and during the time when the teachers are busy with prep. I wish that they can have an after school programs. PTA only focuses on fund raising but not focuses on bringing more educational programs for the children at the school such as chess and music program for children in younger grade. Parents are not always welcome to school and holiday activities. The positive aspects are that school seem safe and clean. Some teachers are very caring.

I love my daughter's teacher. This school has no recess every day and the once a week gym class is continuously being cancelled. I am not sure how the philosophy of this school is in alignment with what our mayor speaks when it comes to nutrition and exercise.

School is academically on average. Teachers are hit and miss. While most will try to keep up with a program. Don't expect them to be above and beyond. ( well I guess its OK for public school ) Administration is horrible. Most of the admin stuff is snobby and lazy. I guess it also very common among a city employees. ( Mister D, Mister C...just to name a few ) While defiantly not the worth ( considering we are in NYC standards ). If you have a choice look for better option.

My daughter is a student of first grade. She loves to being in school, she loves her teacher. She is doing a greate job due to this wonderfull school. Thank to all teachers and other staff.

It's perfect school for my kids...Safe,clean,friendly.Teachers are really professional.So many kids from this school passing tests for Sigma program...and my only concern is why they don't have this classes there .My son is in 4th grade now and he loves go to school,and my daughter is in 1st grade in another school (she passed test in P.S. 177 for Sigma program) ..program is good,but school....I don't like it so much...so.... we planning to bring her back to 177. I wish we have all schools in NYc like P.S. 177....Thanks a lot to all of you...who is working there.

I am currently a student teacher at this school and the faculty and students are so wonderful. The teachers and faculty are always working so hard to make the school experience a positive one for the students.

I want to Thank all teachers for doing a great job. I am very happy that my daughter goes to PS-177. thank you so much!!

Last modified Ps 177 The Marlboro is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.