Ps 189 Lincoln Terrace 1

Posted January 22, 2014
This is a very bad school. I will like to point out the class 6c the teacher was very mean and disrespectful to my child. My child told me that at lunch the principal blamed him for something he didn't do. The principal is not doing nothing at all. They can't even talk at lunch and barely go to recess. The co- Assistant Principal recommended this school, reviews and other parents said this school was great. Never again will I send any of my children in this school. Now my child attends private school.

Ps 189 Lincoln Terrace 1

Posted October 21, 2013
This school is absolutely horrible!!!!! My son is in first grade and he is not being challenged. From looking at his homework which is not age or grade appropriate to his class work which seems like his teacher just allows him to "work" freely without any instruction, guidance or follow-up. One several occasions my son has told me he didn't get a chance to eat lunch because of being rushed and waiting on line and the dismissal procedure or lack there of is totally chaotic. They dismiss children on to the street into a crowd of adults. The children are running in the street and there is a lack of effective supervision. No one can give you a direct and correct answer This school lacks organization and structure and educational standards.

Ps 189 Lincoln Terrace 4

Posted November 15, 2011
My daughters in grade 3 and 4 currently attend this school. I loved the school. The principal is very outgoing and lets you know in advance what her expectation is. She has a No nonsense policy. My kids teachers are excellent.

Posted October 04, 2011
Moving to NYC from NC was a big issue for me and my girl s, however after starting at PS189, I am truly impressed with the standard. The Principal take on though love is excellent! Kids today need that sturdy hand of guidance both at home and at school. My girls love their new school, and I am loving the daily homework and reading logs. I think that the majority of the students (80%) are on the right path except for a few rowdy students. The teachers that I have had the pleasure to know are truly invested in the kids and their performance.

Ps 189 Lincoln Terrace 0

Posted May 21, 2010
The Center Bilingue, PS 189 was New York City first charter school. It covers kindergarten through 8th grade. Academic standards are high even for children whose primary language is not english as they are immersed in a language class with peers who are bilingual; however their work plan has the option of studies in spanish/french until they are english proficient. This does not pre-clude them from the high academic standards, as each have a language dictionary that is expected be accessed when needed. Students also study latin, in addition to spanish or french. The school offers regents exam in earth science, algebra, and french/spanish. What impresses me most is the level of expectations and the loving support they receive along with a boot camp mentality (loving) of the principal. There's a Monday morning pep talk session with her. There's after school/ET/Saturday Academy for extra help; and a number of stuents show up. The students graduate to the best high schools, including mine to Stuyvesant High School. It was the language arts/cultural experiences that impressed mine the most; as she did AP French and German in high school as a follow-up and did a study abroad stint at the Sorbonne in political/social sciences. Needless to say the love for international cultures remains to date with her as she travels extensively. I credit PS 189 with instilling dedication and academic curiosity and excellence in her. Kudos to that school. PS, they still rate as one of New York city's top school. I hope they win. They sure could use the additional funds. science

Posted August 27, 2009

Ps 189 Lincoln Terrace 3

Posted August 12, 2009

Posted June 04, 2009

Posted June 04, 2009

Ps 189 Lincoln Terrace 0

Posted April 27, 2009
I go to this school it is a great place.The principle is very strict but it is for a good reason.I love my school no one can change that.

Ps 189 Lincoln Terrace
1100 E New York Ave, Brooklyn, NY  11212
Last modified Ps 189 Lincoln Terrace is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 189 Lincoln Terrace Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top