Bad
Good

Posted October 12, 2014
My child and me had very bad experience with this school. Greedy, angry and rude staff.

Ps 195 Manhattan Beach 2

Posted February 11, 2014
There is nothing special at this school. There is nothing extra offered to the children they receive physical education once an week and only because the parents pay for it. There is no art education and a very limited music education. There is no extra help available before or after school and many of the teachers are older and uncompromising. I would not recommend it, there are many other options out there.

Posted January 26, 2014
During my time at this school,there was very little tolerance and diversity. As a lone African American at this school, the students and teachers were very unaccepting, rude and showed no care for me whatsoever. I remember going to school here and students used to make fun of me for putting my sandwich in foil. The teachers accused me of trying to stab someone with a pencil, even though the other student stole it from me. They moved me from the gifted class, even though my grades were perfectly fine. This school is overrated, the teachers and students are cruel and unorthodox, they show no acceptance for other cultures and diversity. I would not recommend this school for everyone.

Posted August 03, 2013
Best School Ever -Been there since 3 years old love the teachers and staff

Posted March 19, 2011
When our teacher said in September that every kid in her gifted K class would know how to read by February, I didn t believe her. To my surprise, my daughter is reading level H books now! In spite of challenging budget year, PS-195 is finding ways to offer chess, yoga, music and computer classes to all children even in K! A new afterschool program is now available in the school building. My kid loves her school, her teacher and her class!

Ps 195 Manhattan Beach 3

Posted March 14, 2011
Both of my children have attended P.S.195, and the change that I had noticed is not for the better. The amazing teachers that made this school what it was, are leaving, and the ones taking their place, definitely do not measure up. My older child is in honors in all classes, while my other child's level of education, in an eagle class, does not compare. Don't get me wrong, it is still a good school, but the teachers are what makes the biggest difference!

Posted April 15, 2010
a small caring environment with dedicated leadership and teachers

Posted February 15, 2010
My son is attending PS 195 Kindergarten. Was there in Pre-K as well. We are lucky with the teacher this year, but the school has some issues with informing parentrs about the tests the kids are going to take, etc. Overall the school is great, I do not see any other choice living nearby.

Posted November 06, 2009
I was very disappointed with preK program

Posted October 08, 2009
Excellent learning environment with teachers who are gifted at teaching

131 Irwin Street, Brooklyn, NY  11235
Last modified Ps 195 Manhattan Beach is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.