Posted July 24, 2014
My daughter attends ps 197. The teaching staff is not helpful. The principal is anti parent suggestion. There are rules set for one group of children and rules set for another group and it's unfair. The teachers do not help the students who are gifted to maintain their grades and they fall behind without consulting with parents. The first day of school parents are not welcomed into the school. It's anti-parent environment and poor leadership is felt from the beginning of the term until the end

Posted March 22, 2014
Me and both my kids like this school.The principal and most of the teachers are very good. I can't complain. When I had any question I could go to parent coordinator. She is very friendly and helpful. Although there is a junior high school in the same building they never interact (they don't share the same floors, lunchrooms and go to the field at different time), so don't worry about it.

Posted December 05, 2013
This school is getting worse. Some teachers are better than others, but the educational and academic levels are awful. Including scores for the recent common core test scores. The environment is a jungle! There is a junior night school in the building, where kids are running wild and crazy. Everyday when I pick up my daughter from school, all I see is bunch of crazy junior high kids cursing and yellin. It's an awful. Stay away. I can't wait for my daughter to finish the grade and get out.

Posted October 24, 2011
Hi! My daughter is currently a 5th grader in the gifted and talented program at PS 197, and I must say that we have truly enjoyed her time there. The teachers are wonderful, the staff is friendly, and the curriculum is challenging. The school is wonderfully diverse, and make every effort to accommodate those that speak english as a second language. I would recommend this school to anyone looking to have their child's educational career begin in a place where the student is the priority.

Posted October 07, 2011
The school was fine 5 years ago, the classes became very poor and very weak, kids will need a lot of help in order to be competive with other schools. The principal pretend to be helpful but she is not, when you ask for some specific request, forget about it, there will be always a NOT even when you didn't finish asking for your request. It is very sad and disappointed, because the school is located in a very nice neighborhood, so the school should be in high standards and unfortunately there is not other choice around and with this terrible recession no way to afford a private school which is very sad because our kids deserve better education

Posted September 25, 2009

Posted June 01, 2009

Posted May 26, 2009
Very good school.I am so happy that my son stady in this school.Thank you for every body.

Ps 197 The Kings Highway Academy 0

Posted February 18, 2009
I graduated from P.S 197 it was great i had lots of fun. there were nice teachers and nice students . Its the best school

Ps 197 The Kings Highway Academy 4

Posted June 24, 2008

Ps 197 The Kings Highway Academy
1599 East 22nd Street, Brooklyn, NY  11210
Last modified Ps 197 The Kings Highway Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 197 The Kings Highway Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top