Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Ps 198 5

Posted May 22, 2016
The principal is on top of the students and the teachers communicate on a regular basis with the parents. They give calendars and phone calls to keep you posted on schedule changes and the progress of your child. They have many meetings to help parents deal with difficult situations that can affect learning capabilities.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 28, 2016
Mrs Morgan, Always supportive and has the children's best interest at heart. Communicates with parents and is approachable.

Posted March 06, 2015
Today, 3-6-15, my grandson arrived 5 minutes after the 8:15 am cut off time and received a pink slip for lateness. When I spoke to the principle concerning this matter and pointed out that the extremely poor weather conditions is a factor, she stated that there is nothing she could do and for me to contact the chancellor to complain. I stated that the children should not be punished due to the weather and is there something she could do. I also stated that this rule should be amended. She told me she could not do anything, "Rules are Rules"...

Ps 198 4

Posted February 28, 2013
PS 198 IS ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOL IN BROOKLYN. I HAVE NO REGRET FOR CHOOSING IT FOR MY DAUGHER.HER TEACHER IS VERY PROFESIONNAL ,TOUGH IN A GOOD WAY. PS 198 KEEP IT UP LIKE THAT

Ps 198 4

Posted February 12, 2012
Hi am a former student at P.S.198. This school is amazing,it helps the kids strive as best as they can. All my teachers cared and showed no favoritsm. I think this school made me feel at home. I think their way of acknowledging a child is phenominal, they have rockets and every week they will reddem these rockets for prizes. Overall P.S.198 is a wonderful school. I have graduated since 2010, but 198 will stay in my heart!!!!!!

Posted March 30, 2011
THE PRINCIPLE NEEDS TO GO BACK SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO BECOME A PRINCIPLE. SHE DOES NOT COMMUNICATE WELL WITH THE PARENTS. I AM CHANGING MY CHILDS SCHOOL FOR 2011-2012 SCHOOL YEAR.

Posted December 20, 2008
This is a horrible school. The principal does not know to receive parents. She does not care for the children. She is a power struck administrator.

Ps 198 3

Posted August 07, 2008
As a follow up to my post dated August 16, 2007. I have to acknowledge that the school has definitely shown progress on a whole. I was very pleased with my son's first grade teacher. She handled the class very well. Lunch and dismissal time has surely become organized and no longer resemble a stampede at the zoo. They offered reading assistance to my son. The assistance given combined with his father and I working with him he showed major improvement and was able to excel to the second grade on the appropriate reading level. The Principal and Vice Principal are doing a great job with wrangling this school together. Cons: They lack any extracurricular activities for the children. Nothing other than mandatory gym. As with anywhere there are those few teachers that do not take pride in their job and ensure that they are committing their goal of educating the children.

Posted September 04, 2007
I am appalled with the lack of communication and the overwhelming sense of chaos that seem to be present in this school. I am a parent of a second grader who came from private school and there is no comparison. The was no communication over the summer. I did not know where my child s class was or who his teacher is, if the first day of school was a half-day or a full day. I was not informed of dismissal time or pick up information. As a parent, I am frustrated and overwhelm. My attempts to garner information were met by an ill-informed staff. It has been my experience, with public and private schools that stepping up, and end of summer can be and have been a smooth transition! Effective communication is the key. Admistration you have dropped the ball and you need to step up your game.

Posted July 19, 2007
When we first entered this school it was great. Over the past two years the school has suffered a great demise. The principal is great and always hands-on. However, the lack of discipline in the school is outrageous and the teachers really don't care about the school or the students. They are more concerned about statewide exams than the kids actually learning the basic information that will not only take them to the next level, but help them in life. They offer no extracurricular activities and the after school program is like a zoo. Very few parents even get involved.

4105 Farragut Road, Brooklyn, NY  11210
Last modified Ps 198 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.