Posted September 12, 2014
Run run from this School:( If your child has an IEP then you have a problem because there is bullying at this school if you complain and you have IEP they will tell you your son or daughter need to a Psychologist or behavior therapy and meantime the other children are free of any doing had to get my child out of this School he is so happy in another School. He was investigated twice on kinder and first grade :( even got so depressed when he was at P.S 200 but he is happy now in another school.

Posted June 03, 2014
PS 200 IS ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOLS IN THE CITY. MY CHILD HAS DEVELOPED A BEAUTIFUL SINCE OF UNITY BETWEEN MULTIPLE NATIONALITIES AND CULTURES. IM IN LOVE WITH PS 200!

Posted June 02, 2014
There is racism. The music teacher, Victoria Ulinof, or whatever, only allows RUSSIANS to preform. She told my friend to be more Russian, its a cruel and filthy place.

Posted March 11, 2014
This school is the worst. I can't wait for my daughter to graduate and I no longer have to deal with this school. I don't even understand how this principal still has his job. The administration is rude to parents, the secretaries in the main office will ignore you for the longest time and you never feel like anyone cares about the kids. There are of course some good teachers, but every year you take the chance of ending up with a teacher that is mediocre. This school has gotten worse every year since my daughter started here. The students in the dual language program are the only ones in the school that are treated nicely. So, if you're not Russian , look for a different school, your kid will just fall through the cracks.

Ps 200 Benson School 3

Posted January 07, 2014
This school is mediocore if your child does not get into the Dual program or G&T. My son scored 99 percentile on G&T and didn't get in because of limited spacing this year. Was VERY disappointed. He also speaks in Russian and was in the dual program class for the first two weeks of school until they have their lottery drawing and randomly select 24 kids and that was it. So my 5 year old after getting to know his teacher and classmates was removed and switched to a mainstream class. He still talks about wanting to go back to his other class several months into the school year. It is not a good system.

Ps 200 Benson School 3

Posted December 18, 2013
Overrated school. Caters to the children who need help and leaves the other children behind. The principal and assistant yes you but never follow through with any problems of your concern. My child had great teachers so that was a plus. My other issue is that they did not offer the Gifted and Talented program to American born children, So if your child was born in this countr;y and cant speak a foreign language he/she is forced to leave and attend elsewhere. They also need to get rid of the roaches that crawl around,.

Posted July 15, 2013
This is a good school. my son got into G&T when he was 3rd grader, he is going to JHS now. The teachers are teaching exactly what courses require, the out of course activities like brand attracted my son a lot, he also got some grade level certificate, the PTA is really helpful from the beginning to my son graduation, especially helping us to select JHS, Thank you very much! As a parent, I still have some confusion, since the good JHS in District 20 and 21 require some special entrance exam, why the teacher didn't provide relevant training for the students, whose parents have to rely on some outside school learning center. even though I am glad to hear that a lot of students from this school move up the good JHS.

Ps 200 Benson School 4

Posted May 15, 2012
Music teacher, she is great. I like principal , I like this school, only 1 negative moment about school is, lot more parents want their kids to be in this school, than this school can handle. There some great and determined teachers, like music teacher, some teachers not so great, but overall I like this school.

Posted August 03, 2011
I love my old school, I am in college now finishing up my bachelors, and have been working at a midtown lawfirm for 5 years earning 20$/hr since age 17, the only reason I mention that is because I dint even finish 10th grade, I got my GED, All my knowledge is from PS 200 & Cavallaro so it lasted me all the way to college, where I am a mostly straight A student with a few B's, A new mom, and I would love for my daughter to attend this school. My Fav Teachers were Mrs. Gershkorin, Mrs. Regen & Mr. Vallaro (Sorry I KNOW I MISSPELLED those I don't remember how to spell them)

Posted July 17, 2011
My older kids just finished 5th grade in Globe program. My younger daughter is in the 1st grade of Globe. I am very pleased with level of education they are getting. My older kids got 4th on ELA and Math tests and got accepted to Christa McAuliffe (the best) middle school in NY. my younger loves the shool so much, she doesn't want to miss a day off it. I recommend this shool's Globe program highly. Teachers are amazing, Ms. Spielman (K), Ms. Golinsky (1), Ms. Kogan (2), Ms. Gugnishev (3), truly became our family friends and partners in my kids education.

Ps 200 Benson School
1940 Benson Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11214
Last modified Ps 200 Benson School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 200 Benson School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top