Bad
Good

Some teachers need to chill and fix their attitudes, other than that it's a very good school. Igneri was the nicest teacher!

Unfortunately this school is in need of intervention. Overwhelming overcrowded which affect the quality of education and safety for the students and the staff.

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL BECUASE MY BEAT FRIEND AMBER EDWARD GOES HERE AND IF SHE LIKES IT SO DO I BECUASE I LOVE AMBET SO MUCH SHE IS MY MOM

Dyker is really awesome!! A really fun school with nice helpful teachers! Dyker made my three years there fun and educational!

When first coming into this school, I felt upset that i didn't get into a "better" school. But the amazing teachers and friends that I made; I was glad to have gone to Dyker. Sure there was one or two teachers which I didn't like, but that's with every school. Dyker gave me a good foundation for my education and I will never forget my times there.

Class of 2013! Dyker is amazing because of all the wonderful teachers and friends that are always there to help you.

Super Intendant program here is mediocre, I thought my child would have an advantage being in a specialized program but that was not the case, the classes are taught by incompetent teachers who dont really care if your child is not preforming to the high standards that a specialized program should have. No parental involvement , you have to investigate yourself if you want to be informed about their education. School full of disrespectful kids where their education is not their main priority but who curse and do inappropriate things. i have complained so many times but it falls on deaf ears. Lack of choices for enrichment classes, you are assigned to them depending on what class you are in and committed to stay in the same class for your entire stay there.Very frustrating environment if you are a parent who cares about your child's education & child's performance. Going to Private school to get away from the bad elements and get a better education

I think it's extremely important to feel safe in the school you attend. If you do not feel safe it would be difficult for you to learn and enjoy school. Unfortunately, the school environment is not the best it could be. I've heard from children who attends the school that during interchange of classes and in the lunch room there is inappropriate language, etc... Where are the teachers and administrators and are they listening and noticing what is happening within their school? Do they need to step it up to create a happy community of learners?

I attended what was then P.S. 201 in the 1960s and went on the JHS 201. I am so glad to hear that 201 has retained its status of the great school that it is. I went to Jr. High there as well so it was my educational home for quite some time. Mrs. Henry was my 1st grade teacher and I had Mrs Rathy for 2nd. The neighborhood was beautiful and remains so to this day. Carry on the great work!

I went to this school many, many years ago., first it was k, first grade,,then I had to switch to PS 127, then came back to 201 for JH...Me my brothers, all my cousins, and then my children..my mother was the President of the PTA, and the Principal was still Ms.Brennin. I lived 2 blocks away, on 78 st, so we all walked,,,,and we went home for lunch every day.. long ago..great times 1965

Last modified Jhs 201 The Dyker Heights is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.