Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted October 19, 2015
This school is a total disgust! There's only a handful of teachers/staff that is willing to do their job. Most teachers (it started with us when my kid was at 1st grade) don't check homework but assign other kids from the class to do that. Class work is often done same way - kids work in groups checking each other and making comments what should be done to improve. A kid that passes state tests at the 4th level gets a report card filled with 1-2 grades having most of the home and class work done. A well advanced reader gets 2 in the report card for reading. Thrashers are highly neglectful and show total disrespect towards parents just saying "I have 30/32 kids in my class, what do u expect?!" When I was at school thee were 38 of us but teachers actually did their work (we only wished we could check our work ourselves). The only thing they care is lunch forms and attendance (because school funding depends on attendance too). For our 3-rd grade state tests we were told that school lost its funding for test prep materials and we had to chip in for books ($15 each, better get both). It was in October. We got the books at the end of January given the fact that April is the test month. The program is weak. Even their "enrichment" class' one. Kids are bored. Try to avoid doing any work as it gets repeated over and over again. It's been three years so far that I see teachers practice working on one essay for 5 weeks just rewriting it and adding more details and small moments to it. Gym schedule isn't planned right sometimes. Happened once 3 years ago that kids had no gym till Feb and this year it was "busy" for a month (they have 2 days of gym this year)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 19, 2015
Ms. Studsrud and Mrs. Hanson! Best teachers of this school. Caring, with great deal of attention and willingness to help students. Real teachers

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 19, 2015
Homework and class work is often checked by peers, not teacher. Assignments often stay for weeks and kids just go on working in same thing "improving it" which makes them bored and trying to avoid working on it

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted October 19, 2015
The only persistence they show an example of is neglecting students. Forget the "extra mile" thing. They don't even do expected mileage

Posted March 30, 2015
i grew up just a few blocks away from PS 206 and remember playing ball in the school yard back in the late 60's and through the 80's.The ironic thing about my connection to this school is that while I personally did not attend, my entire family and cousins did. ( The Conns, Collins and Lamb families). Many years later the school had a school naming contest and asked the students to write an essay as to who they would like the school to be named after and more importantly, why? The school ended being named after my Fathers Father - Joseph F. Lamb (My Grandfather). While I never attended the school, I have since become quite active in knowing who my Grandfather was and how his contribution from being a Ragtime music composer changed music forever. Currently I am the owner of a preschool franchise called The Goddard School in Freehold, NJ. Please feel free to contact me anytime. Kevin Lamb 732-303-6996.

Posted December 17, 2014
My child went to PS 206 for two years. This school has more students than it can handle. School organization is at 0. The events are never thought out. Every school even is a zoo. Teachers are okay. School communication: Everything via email, even homework assignments. Can't say it's convenient because we still have to print the homework.

Ps 206 Joseph F Lamb 1

Posted December 17, 2014
The principal is bad. She does not know what she is doing. They called us for kids show and when we came to school at nine o'clock she told us to go home and come back later for another show. Kids got very disappointed when they did not see their parents there

Posted February 20, 2014
My son goes to this school and has attended since kindergarten he's in the 5th grade now. I was impressed at first but now that he's in the 5th grade, there's much to be desired from the head principal to the teachers in the higher grades. The rating that's listed is hard to belive because many children are failing and parents complain about the teachers instructions daily. Just go to the school yard you'll hear the complaints. You will also see the lack of respect from the head principal for the parents and students. Someone needs to investigate because their is more that goes on but if I write it on here the school personnel will erase the Comment. Just go and see for yourself.

Posted December 31, 2013
This school is the best and I can assure you that this school is very organized, safe, and fun place and environment to learn. I am a 7th grader now and the teachers are really kind and help you when needed. The cafeteria has more lunch teachers now and the lunches are delicious. They even have mashed potatoes with gravy and turkey on cold days! This school is truly amazing and has taught me a lot. When I was in 1st grade, I first came here and was an ESL student and still learning English. After a year later, I've made dozens of new friends and changed from being a scared ESL student to a very satisfied student. I don't even want to leave! This school is really awesome and amazing. I'm sure that your kids would love it too.

Posted October 16, 2013
I have two children in this school and we are really hapy with it. Very strong academics, nice teachers, good kids.

2200 Gravesend Neck Road, Brooklyn, NY  11229
Last modified Ps 206 Joseph F Lamb is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.