Ps 206 Joseph F Lamb 2

Posted December 17, 2014
My child went to PS 206 for two years. This school has more students than it can handle. School organization is at 0. The events are never thought out. Every school even is a zoo. Teachers are okay. School communication: Everything via email, even homework assignments. Can't say it's convenient because we still have to print the homework.

Ps 206 Joseph F Lamb 1

Posted December 17, 2014
The principal is bad. She does not know what she is doing. They called us for kids show and when we came to school at nine o'clock she told us to go home and come back later for another show. Kids got very disappointed when they did not see their parents there

Ps 206 Joseph F Lamb 2

Posted February 20, 2014
My son goes to this school and has attended since kindergarten he's in the 5th grade now. I was impressed at first but now that he's in the 5th grade, there's much to be desired from the head principal to the teachers in the higher grades. The rating that's listed is hard to belive because many children are failing and parents complain about the teachers instructions daily. Just go to the school yard you'll hear the complaints. You will also see the lack of respect from the head principal for the parents and students. Someone needs to investigate because their is more that goes on but if I write it on here the school personnel will erase the Comment. Just go and see for yourself.

Posted December 31, 2013
This school is the best and I can assure you that this school is very organized, safe, and fun place and environment to learn. I am a 7th grader now and the teachers are really kind and help you when needed. The cafeteria has more lunch teachers now and the lunches are delicious. They even have mashed potatoes with gravy and turkey on cold days! This school is truly amazing and has taught me a lot. When I was in 1st grade, I first came here and was an ESL student and still learning English. After a year later, I've made dozens of new friends and changed from being a scared ESL student to a very satisfied student. I don't even want to leave! This school is really awesome and amazing. I'm sure that your kids would love it too.

Posted October 16, 2013
I have two children in this school and we are really hapy with it. Very strong academics, nice teachers, good kids.

Ps 206 Joseph F Lamb 4

Posted September 17, 2013
Great school, excellent teachers. With one small exception: 8th Grade Science teacher. God save your kid from her! She never checks homework assignments and never contacts parents about the students' problems. So, 8th Grade Science teacher - minus one star.

Posted August 26, 2013
P.S. 206 is a strong neighborhood school that provides great traditional education. Reading and writing is a big part of the school's program. My child also loves science, social studies, and art. The Principal is great because she works hard to increase the school's funding by applying for different private grants. The kids also benefit from regular school trips to plays, science venues, and museums throughout the year.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 10, 2012
some defining characteristic from my years was carletto's predecessor, Dr. Armada, someone who spoke 9 languages,who you would often see several times a day, running and disciplining the school, keeping teachers and students on their toes who liked and respected him. There was also Mrs. Stellahunt the music and chorus teacher, you didn't have to be in the music program or the chorus to find your class rehearsing for the very frequent assemblies, usually organized and prepared by the very active PTA, everyone performed one time or another. The library, gyms, and computer labs were very adequate. Shelves of books, giant notepads, carpets,and teachers were plentiful in every classroom. The atmosphere and texture inspired a rewarding work ethic.

Posted July 10, 2012
i think p.s 206 joseph f. lamb school is every excellent school i see.all the students are happy. and teachers, principal they are working every professional. strong princial / school leadership.from pre-k to pk-8 and specail edu.class.my son this fall he stared to kindergarden. i wish him the best.

Ps 206 Joseph F Lamb 1

Posted June 21, 2012
I would expect some respect in an elementary school from the staff. I came to register my child and the office staff was very rude and unprofessional, I was very disappointed of her behavior, whispering behind my back, if I am even in the zone to treat me. If "in the zone" and if not, the way the staff should treat, welcome parents is the way we would want our kids to become. And if this is their way . I would not want my child to learn from such role modules!

Ps 206 Joseph F Lamb
2200 Gravesend Neck Road, Brooklyn, NY  11229
Last modified Ps 206 Joseph F Lamb is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 206 Joseph F Lamb Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top