Ps 207 Elizabeth G Leary 5

Posted January 21, 2014
I am really inlove with this school. I cant complain. Both of my kids are grade 4 students and I owe it to the teachers and principal. great communication.

Ps 207 Elizabeth G Leary 3

Posted June 19, 2013
Good school and kids get a good education but they're awful about letting kids go out for recess at the big school. Ms. Kepertis at the ECC is wonderful. She greets parents and children at the door every morning and the Children at the ECC go out in the schoolyard every day. I wish the admin at the big school realized how important outdoor time is for the kids.

Ps 207 Elizabeth G Leary 4

Posted April 19, 2013
Kids are challenged and most of the teachers really care. Many reviewers wrote kids aren't challenged but since they started with the common core (CC) standards in Sept 2012 now all of the kids are being challenged as are the parents that are trying to help them! Before CC I didn't feel my child was being challenged but this past year between higher standards and the teachers and admin not knowing what to expect on the state tests, the bar has been raised several notches and I think it's great. teachers and admin have ALWAYS responded to my concerns and provided additional resources when I've requested.

Ps 207 Elizabeth G Leary 4

Posted February 05, 2013
My children go to this school and I am very happy. They get continuous support from their teachers and I am always notified if there is a cause for concern with their grades. The administration comes out every day and helps with the back up traffic jam at dismissal because parents refuse to park their cars and walk to pick up their children. This creates a very dangerous situation for the children and parents that are walking home. There is a need for more parent involvement but the parents involved on the PTA are there to support all of the children in the school. I give these parents a lot of credit to give up their own personal time to support the school. More parents needs to step up and help, the less complaining they do and more involvement they have will make this school the best it can be!

Posted February 02, 2013
Just check their test scores. This school administration will never challenge the students, because if it did, most of them will fail. There are a lot of students who clearly do not live in a district and got transferred. Because of that, there is no sense of community or joint parental involvement in students' affairs, unless you are part of that exclusive PTA crowd. Most of the parents in our class are not participating in collecting money and products when prompted and it falls on responsible ones like me to cover expenses.I guess they don't care about school and ultimately they don't care about their kids. That shows disrespect. I don't want my son going to school with these type of people. I want him to be academically challenged and have friends who actually live near him. And PTA, please concern yourself less with cookie and holiday sales and more with ways on how to improve academics and ask for new curriculum.

Ps 207 Elizabeth G Leary 2

Posted May 15, 2012
My children attend this school. They are both currently at the E.C.C. I cannot believe how far behind the times this school is. The other schools in the community or near by communities are far more advanced academically. This school has good ratings because of the great support the children get from their parents, not from the educators or administration. I am currently looking into transferring my kids out of this school. I am not comfortable sending them to a place that is not offering my children the best education possible. This school needs to get it together to meet the new standards and assure us that our kids are getting the very best that a N.Y.C. public school can get.

Posted March 25, 2012
Do not send your child here if they are in special education, especially the early grades. They do a woeful job of educating the special needs children and blame everything on the parent. They do not go out of their way to support the child. The teachers get frustrated easily with the children and can't handle them. I'm not at all surprised that many of the teachers are on the worst teachers list, and several that didn't make it should be on there. No wonder this school has a C rating. It should be more like a D rating.

Ps 207 Elizabeth G Leary 5

Posted March 02, 2012
My son goes to the ECC, he is in 1st grade. The entire staff including the Assistant Principal are a Class Act. Always helpful, easy to talk to, and very organize and great with communication. My son moved from a Grade A school to 207 for many reasons. I am A VERY HAPPY Parent.

Posted January 17, 2012
By the way check out all the good reviews are by kids that are in CIG or Eagle or parents of the PTA who are in the "clique" how does this school have 4 stars???? they stink for anyone who is anything but white and have high scoring children and I am white..they are biased and even more biased with children who have any sort of learning problem. This school is not for educating our children but for SCORES and PRESTIGE...they ignore fighting and bullying hoping it will disappear, principle hides and they just cant handle the middle school poor quality school, unfortunately!

Posted October 29, 2011
The real focus of this school is the almighty school grade. Nothing else matters at this school. Parents do not have a voice in this school and are rarely allowed access to the principal. Parents do an incredible job fundraising, but it does not translate into any any extra-curricular activities for the elementary school. Resources are usually directed to the Fillmore Academy. Please note that not every class in this school can have music, art, gym, etc, but they will get a grade for the class they didn't take! My child received an art grade, but never had art as a subject since she was pulled out for music classes. Art was taught by the homeroom teacher to the children who didn't have music. Ironically, my child received both an art grade and a music grade on her report card. She did amazingly well in a course she never took!

Ps 207 Elizabeth G Leary
4011 Fillmore Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11234
Last modified Ps 207 Elizabeth G Leary is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 207 Elizabeth G Leary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top