Ps 209 Margaret Mead 5

Posted January 30, 2014
Ps209 is great school . I have 4 kids in school . I am very happy . My kids are very happy .all my kids are doing wonderful I have no complanies. Teachers are very dedicated.kids are encourage to do their best.i always get a feedback from teachers.teachers are very helpful. Love that school.

Ps 209 Margaret Mead 4

Posted October 08, 2013
This school has many intelligent teaches. We have two children in this school and everyone seems to be helpful to get any problem solved.

Posted September 06, 2013
My years at this school are almost finishing, and so I am so happy that they are finishing because i just want to leave! Since, i was little no teacher ever picked me for a question .or cared about me. There was only 2 teachers ( I will not use the full name) Mrs. S and Mrs.L! Also, every 8th grade student that went to this school, has gone into not good hghschools or only goldstein and few gone into Brookyln tech. The teachers really dont care ! The 8th seems like they can do whatever they want and no teacher stops them, some use their phones, but no teacher really says anything! Well, this school compared to other middle schools have got C's and B's as rating. If you look at Bay Academy it has gotten perfect A's. My middle school was a disaster because in the main office some teacher had mixed my file up on purpose so i can stay in this school.

Ps 209 Margaret Mead 1

Posted June 22, 2012
real bad teachers, they don't know how to teach kids. Teachers are not capable to teach kids properly.

Ps 209 Margaret Mead 1

Posted November 05, 2010
Worse school whenever .7th grade student did it addition like on the first grade (6+4, -3+(6)) on the math classes.I need to pay tutor to my son can to know math, English and other.

Posted June 24, 2010
Teachers are great. Communication from teachers is fine. Staff is Ok . School is relatively safe with minor exceptions during the lunch period when kids are not watched by class teachers. Curriculum is not challenging enough for good students and there not enough help for the students who need extra help. Principal has own agenda and not interested in parents concerns or in kids . Staff afraid of principal. Full last school year schoolyard and auditorium were under construction and not available for kids to use it. Hopefully construction is over. PTA is trying hard to involve parents but not very successful.

Posted March 18, 2010
school is wonderful and students are great. the special education program is run to perfection. i love all the teachers in the school.

Posted March 17, 2010
As a pre-K teacher at P.S. 209, I'd like to respond to the post of 3/10. In addition to having a website set up for the parents, every parent has my e-mail address. I send home a monthly calendar detailing what we are working on. I welcome communication! I'm sorry if you feel that P.S. 209 Pre-K was just day care. I assure you that we follow an age-appropriate early childhood curriculum. And , yes, at this age, much of children's learning does come from play and exploration. I would be happy to provide you with research and documentation that supports this theory. The curriculum addresses all the standards, including social. This includes skills like learning to separate from adults, working with others, taking turns, cooperating, sharing, following rules, and generally learning to become a civilized, responsible member of society . Pre-k sets the foundation for successful learning in later grades.

Posted March 17, 2010
As a pre-k teacher in P.S. 209 I am upset to read a post by a dissatisfied parent. Preschool teachers have the dual job of continuing to stimulate social growth (and let kids be kids), while also preparing them academically for what they will face in kindergarten. That being said our curriculum consists of pre-reading, math and writing skills as well as creating consistant, meaningful routines. We try to create a warm loving environment in which children feel safe and enjoy their first experience in school and yes, -this does mean they have 'play time.' I cannot respond in depth about how much they learn from play, but any research on the topic would yield hundreds of positive responses. Lastly, we see parents every day at dismissal and, and are more than happy to accomodate those who work....all you have to do is contact us!

Posted March 10, 2010
Cannot say much as my kid went to just pre-K there. There was absolutely NO feedback from the teachers on how m child was doing. I received nothing via mail, backpack or any other means from school. Compared to my friends preschoolers pre-K at PS 209 was nothing more then a day care - kids were just playing most of the day (which is not bad), but I wanted some initial studying.

Ps 209 Margaret Mead
2609 East 7th Street, Brooklyn, NY  11235
(718) 743-1954
Last modified Ps 209 Margaret Mead is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 209 Margaret Mead Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top