Brooklyn, NY

Posted March 31, 2015
Horrible principal she has no filter teacher no patient dont help you out want the kids to know what they dont know .only my first year i have my son in this school i wanna transfer him . Too many complaints over nothing. I feel this school treat hispanics the wrong way. Just saying my opinion

Ps 212 Lady Deborah Moody 3

Posted December 03, 2012
The principal is not very well rounded when it comes to common sense. She doesn't have the know how to take charge or show much competence in the leadership she was given. I can only hope the next principal will be able to repair the reputation of this school.

Posted March 11, 2012
The school office secretary, principal and teacher of preschool set up a firewall. I tried to do an evaluation only to encounter resistance in an emergency case. The office secretary, "I'm just a secretary" the teacher has to talk to the principal before you can come. They have to micromanage everything and set up red tape. What are they worried about. Nonsense I will not go here.

Posted February 10, 2012
I believe the Principal is impatient with the Students. Principal causes more stress to parents than should be if the principal would just involve the parents more.

Posted March 31, 2011
This school is horrible. If you have an option, do not choose this school. First off The Principal is vicious woman who destroys everything she is involved in. This school used to be a community before she arrived. They used to have a wonderful music program which she single handledly destroyed. She insisted on using funds to put a dance studio in the building, hired a dance teacher and then excessed a professional dance teacher. The children don't even use the studio to dance in. The Drama program is a joke. The school had a gifted program which was taken away because she never fought for it. And not enough parents chose the schol to send their children to. The Assistant Principal yells at the children like an animal. The teachers are trapped. This woman has destroyed many peoples lives. I dont understand how the teachers that actually make a difference dont forge together and fight back..... Rest assured anyone that writes a good comment is either a teacher thatis afraid for her job or maybe Marsela herself..

Posted May 27, 2010
My daughter attended P.S. 212 from pre-K to the middle of 2nd grade. If you have a choice in sending your child here, DON"T!!!!!!! It was extremely unorganized, the teachers have absolutely no patience or control for their students. Her kindergarten teacher actually said that my daughter was too affectionate!! That is just disgusting, telling me that my 5 yr old was too LOVING??Isn't that CRAZY??? The kids couldn't even go outside for lunch!! They just would stick them in the lunchroom for the entire period and give them print outs to color! And don't let me forget the total lack of respect the students have for authority!! I am SO glad I was able to take my daughter OUT of this school, now she attends a school that she actually ENJOYS, and the teachers are PHENOMINAL!!! Not to mention they go outside every day!

Ps 212 Lady Deborah Moody 0

Posted May 12, 2010
I love P.S 212 because the teachers all work together for one thing... to help the children of the future excell and achieve great things for the future! In addition I love the fact that everything is done with the children in mind!!!

Ps 212 Lady Deborah Moody 0

Posted May 06, 2010
i think the school is excellent,my daughter attends and i am very satisfied with her academics,and the teachers are great.. what do people mean by when they say this is rated the top school. I tell you what they mean,they mean they're are no colored people and that most of the school is mostly white..has nothing to do to with the academic or the test scores..By the way i am white and do not agree with parents that say this school is not good..if they can be more specific on why this school isnot good please feel free to explain yourself...

Posted May 27, 2009
This is an unsafe school with poor communication. As a parent, we have to protect our children by either moving or attending a private school. We feel sorry for the children who have to stay and survive, ie to cope with the difficulties and bullies. Good Luck!

Ps 212 Lady Deborah Moody 5

Posted March 17, 2009
I have nothing but great things to say about P.S. 212. I have 2 daughters who go there and this school is amazing. I am always well informed of what is going on and my daughters actually love going to school so much that they get upset if they have to be absent. All the teachers and the principal and assistant principal work together as a team to make sure that the kids are being challenged and are always well prepared. If someone is unhappy with this school it is because they are not taking an active role in their child's education as a parent. As for anyone who complains about teachers being unfair or lax in their discipline techniques, remember this, discipline starts at home. It is not the teachers responsibility to TEACH YOUR KIDS right from wrong it's yours. Margo LaRue, parent

Ps 212 Lady Deborah Moody
87 Bay 49th Street, Brooklyn, NY  11214
Last modified Ps 212 Lady Deborah Moody is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 212 Lady Deborah Moody Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top