Brooklyn, NY

Posted May 19, 2015
I had 2 students at the school, in G&T program. School is very good. It is especially clear after couple of years in the different school in the same district. Good academic level , teachers are great - attentive and friendly - to kids and to parents , kids are well prepared for the middle school. Parent coordinator always around and ready to help. Plenty of extra circular activities , music class, good trips .

Posted March 16, 2015
It was hard to get in. But it is a Great school with good programs and environment. I love it and Both of my sons are attending this school 2nd grade and Kindergarten. I recommend it.

Posted January 20, 2015
Everything is good in this school, but i think there must be more stronger security. Once i came early to pick up my child, doors open nobody at the front i was wondering should i go up or wait for securitY??????? so i waited for about 3 min. ITS ENOUGH TIME TO LET IN DANGEROUS PERSON IN THE SCHOOL! SPEACIALY WHEN SO MANY TERROR ACTS ARE HAPPENING AROUND THE WORLD! So security guard came out and sad to me; I apologize i was in the bathroom! Wich is ok everybody has to use bathroom, but there is other security guard to stay there while other one is in the bathroom! SECURITY GUARD MUST NEVER LEAVE THE SPOT! HOW OUR CHILDREN CAN BE PROTECTED IN THIS WAY?

Posted November 03, 2014
There is a lack of extracurricular activities. The STAFF SHOULD NOT PARK their cars in the school yard, it's unfair to the children. The lunch room is overcrowded and chaotic, there needs to be more control, and more seating during the lunch period. That being said the academics are strong, the teaching is very good. There are a large amount of teachers with years of experience. The new teachers are excited and innovative. I think the principal is very caring and chooses her teachers well.

Ps 215 Morris H Weiss 4

Posted November 02, 2014
The school is good overall, but I don't understand a new rule they have - no parents allowed inside !!! Before, we were allowed to walk in with kids, if necessery change their shoes , in case it is raining or snowing , and to safely see them go inside the lunchroom. But no we are not even allowed to step one foot past the gate - school staff stands next to the gate and yells "say bye to your kids and go!!!". I don't think it's right . I understand, safety first, but I should be allowed inside with my kid in case she needs help. I would not mind presenting my id each time entering the school, but it's not right that every time it rains we have to stand next to school under rain and wind and my kid has to stand with one foot in the air while I change her shoes. Other than that I feel the school is good...

Posted September 27, 2014
Staff in the office are not friendly. The two school security guards are mean and not friendly at all. I was impressed by Mrs. Ahern, 1st grade G and T teacher, though she left the school. She was caring and supportive of children and parents. After-school programs are by lottery and is difficult to get in (unless you know someone in the school or had participated before). Overall, an average school. I can't say this is the best school in District 21 though.

Posted July 28, 2014
Glad that my son in this school. Teacher Ms. Ahern is lovely and knowledgable! Looking forward for next year class!

Posted June 10, 2014
Also, I have to say, no, not crazy, or cowards. Many parents don't want to speak up, or make enemies at the school because the kids are the ones who might suffer in completely subconscious ways when dealing with teachers who've been complained about. The administration is only human but they need to try harder to be more professional, and not take requests or problems as personal attacks. Not everyone who's in charge of a school should have that job, and I'm of the opinion that we need a better principal at 215. We should have someone stronger, with greater interpersonal skills who'll make inroads with all parents, no matter their ethnicity, or 1st language. We also need a better public speaker to represent us as a school. And I agree, yes, in district 21 PS 215 is the best of all available schools, but you have to consider the population it serves, the neighborhood, etc. We should be ranked higher than nearly 300 with the resources the school has. Anyway, I've had my say, anonymously, just like everybody else, like another mom said to me a long time ago, "I don't want to make enemies and make my kids suffer at the zoned school."
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 08, 2014
I am the father of a fourth grader at PS 215. I can't begin to thank all of the teachers and staff at the school for making my son feel like he is at home. The school has so many after school activities that makes the schildren love to learn. I am confident that my son and his friends all did well on the state exams because the teachers have prepared them so well. Just recently, I had to speak to the Principal, Ms. A Bove, and was greeted with professionalism and expertise. I can't wait for my Kindergarten daughter to attend 215 next year. For anyone who writes differently about this wonderful school, I would say that they must feel ignorant andhave such low self esteem that they can't have a productive conversation with the staff and teachers. I have always felt comfortable when speaking to the Principal, AP or teachers. Thank you to all of the teachers and staff of PS 215. Happy Summer!

Posted June 08, 2014
MY FRIENDS KIDS, IN ANOTHER SCHOOL, IN SHIPSHEDBAY. THEY DO NOT HAVE 25% PROGRAMS,ATTENTION,ACTIVITIES LIKE IN OUR.THANKS TO PRINCIPAL AND STAFF.GREAT JOB.

Ps 215 Morris H Weiss
415 Avenue S, Brooklyn, NY  11223
Last modified Ps 215 Morris H Weiss is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 215 Morris H Weiss Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top