Posted November 03, 2014
There is a lack of extracurricular activities. The STAFF SHOULD NOT PARK their cars in the school yard, it's unfair to the children. The lunch room is overcrowded and chaotic, there needs to be more control, and more seating during the lunch period. That being said the academics are strong, the teaching is very good. There are a large amount of teachers with years of experience. The new teachers are excited and innovative. I think the principal is very caring and chooses her teachers well.

Ps 215 Morris H Weiss 4

Posted November 02, 2014
The school is good overall, but I don't understand a new rule they have - no parents allowed inside !!! Before, we were allowed to walk in with kids, if necessery change their shoes , in case it is raining or snowing , and to safely see them go inside the lunchroom. But no we are not even allowed to step one foot past the gate - school staff stands next to the gate and yells "say bye to your kids and go!!!". I don't think it's right . I understand, safety first, but I should be allowed inside with my kid in case she needs help. I would not mind presenting my id each time entering the school, but it's not right that every time it rains we have to stand next to school under rain and wind and my kid has to stand with one foot in the air while I change her shoes. Other than that I feel the school is good...

Posted September 27, 2014
Staff in the office are not friendly. The two school security guards are mean and not friendly at all. I was impressed by Mrs. Ahern, 1st grade G and T teacher, though she left the school. She was caring and supportive of children and parents. After-school programs are by lottery and is difficult to get in (unless you know someone in the school or had participated before). Overall, an average school. I can't say this is the best school in District 21 though.

Posted July 28, 2014
Glad that my son in this school. Teacher Ms. Ahern is lovely and knowledgable! Looking forward for next year class!

Posted June 10, 2014
Also, I have to say, no, not crazy, or cowards. Many parents don't want to speak up, or make enemies at the school because the kids are the ones who might suffer in completely subconscious ways when dealing with teachers who've been complained about. The administration is only human but they need to try harder to be more professional, and not take requests or problems as personal attacks. Not everyone who's in charge of a school should have that job, and I'm of the opinion that we need a better principal at 215. We should have someone stronger, with greater interpersonal skills who'll make inroads with all parents, no matter their ethnicity, or 1st language. We also need a better public speaker to represent us as a school. And I agree, yes, in district 21 PS 215 is the best of all available schools, but you have to consider the population it serves, the neighborhood, etc. We should be ranked higher than nearly 300 with the resources the school has. Anyway, I've had my say, anonymously, just like everybody else, like another mom said to me a long time ago, "I don't want to make enemies and make my kids suffer at the zoned school."

Posted June 08, 2014
I am the father of a fourth grader at PS 215. I can't begin to thank all of the teachers and staff at the school for making my son feel like he is at home. The school has so many after school activities that makes the schildren love to learn. I am confident that my son and his friends all did well on the state exams because the teachers have prepared them so well. Just recently, I had to speak to the Principal, Ms. A Bove, and was greeted with professionalism and expertise. I can't wait for my Kindergarten daughter to attend 215 next year. For anyone who writes differently about this wonderful school, I would say that they must feel ignorant andhave such low self esteem that they can't have a productive conversation with the staff and teachers. I have always felt comfortable when speaking to the Principal, AP or teachers. Thank you to all of the teachers and staff of PS 215. Happy Summer!

Posted June 08, 2014
MY FRIENDS KIDS, IN ANOTHER SCHOOL, IN SHIPSHEDBAY. THEY DO NOT HAVE 25% PROGRAMS,ATTENTION,ACTIVITIES LIKE IN OUR.THANKS TO PRINCIPAL AND STAFF.GREAT JOB.

Ps 215 Morris H Weiss 1

Posted May 31, 2014
I hate this schooll!!! everyone so mean especially the principal. if i had the time i would write you a essay about her. she only respects certain people and treats other people specially A.K.A her niece and friends. also the security guards are the meanest youll ever meet. schools are supposed to teach you about treating while the teachers organize clubs where only certain people are invited, K-kids. this is the worst ever

Ps 215 Morris H Weiss 2

Posted May 07, 2014
I went to PS215K to register my son; he will attending Kindergarten in Sep. 2014. When I enter the office I said good morning and couldn't believe I was being ignore (The office was not busy). Before I open my mouth, someone slaps a paper on the counter and ask for proof of address. The person makes a copy quickly and just stood their has if she wanted me out quickly. The staff that didn t even bother to say her name but I know hers because I heard nice things about her thru a Caucasian neighbor. The staff gave the paper to a lady in the back to sign. The lady in the back didn t even give eye contact but I knew she was the principal. I am still trying to convince myself that I was not treat with indifference because I am not Caucasian.

Posted April 08, 2014
My review was deleted?? These are my points, I'm a Mexican mom, American born and I've talked to many hispanic moms who have kids in the school, and they have been treated poorly. The school has only two ESL teachers when there's a need for more in each grade, especially for the spanish speaking students. The principal is rude, and I have heard dozens of complaints about how she treats people at the school. The school received lots of money for an increased number of special ed students and the money has been spent on desks, new books, but NO enrichment. In my opinion, this new money is being misspent. If there were a way to check school surveys and graph the problems hispanic parents have at the school, they'd all fall under the same category, and that would be underserviced.

Ps 215 Morris H Weiss
415 Avenue S, Brooklyn, NY  11223
Last modified Ps 215 Morris H Weiss is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 215 Morris H Weiss Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top