Brooklyn, NY

Posted August 19, 2014
i love this school i never wanted too leave at PS216 we have a garden a kitchen and chicken did u ever hear of a school with all of this well now u have . the teachers aren't to mean but they are all great teachers

Posted July 22, 2014
If I could grate this school it WOULD NOT GET AN 8 MAY BE a 6. First they could hire much better teachers like Ms. Bambino, Ms. Adler Ms.Alatta, or Ms.Read. Second at the beginning of the academic year some classes at least know what is the class number or a teachers name the rest is a CHAOTIC MESS no one knows were to go who is the teacher or the class number. Third the garden it is nice and fun but I want my kids to learn about more important subjects.Ms Glazer is rood. I just wish someone from DOE could read that and take some actions.

Ps 216 Arturo Toscanini 2

Posted May 14, 2014
The school is very disorganized . One the first day of school they have my daughter to stay in 1st grade though she supposed to be in 2nd and when she complained they didn't care!! I had to go the next day and tell them. Also they have worst teachers ever, never care who understands and forgetting that they are kids and always being very mean! I wish the NYC school department to take an action with this horrible school.

Posted March 06, 2014
Love this school very educational but there are a coupke teacher that dont teach any thing the school teachs to stay orgnized they provied extra help if a student needs it there are fun taskes like the Garden & a cooking class so that he student would look fowered to going to schools.look at the bright side your child has something another wood dream for .

Ps 216 Arturo Toscanini 2

Posted November 27, 2013
Agreed with the previous comment 1000%. The garden is ok for the kids to learn but they would better hire some good teachers.

Posted September 10, 2013
If anyone from the board of Ed would ever read this comment. This school PS 216 is a CHAOTIC MESS. No one from the school administration knows what's going on. Starting from the principal Ms. Kaplinsky, Ms Glazer and the rest of the staff have no idea how to handle the simplest administrative or educational tasks. I must say school is so disorganized that makes me scared of my children not to get proper care and attention. Staring from the first day of school no one could tell what class the children were, which for no reason makes a bid inconvenience to the parents. If you call the main office they are very rood to you on the phone saying that it is the order of Ms Glazer not to disclose any information. During the school year the communication with parents is very poor. The kids don't get their homework until few weeks after the school starts. WE WANT OUT KIDS TO GET PROPER CARE AND EDUCATION. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE GARDEN OR THE VEGGIES THAT THEY CROP WE WANT OUR KIDS TO LEARN NOT TO SPEND TIME COOKING IN THE GARDEN KITCHEN. BUT THEY DO CARE ABOUT KIDS BEING PICKED UP ON TIME SO THEY CAN RUN HOME. I ONLY HOPE MY REVIEW WOULD BE READ BY AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted May 15, 2013
My school is the worse at p.s216 because teachers are mean kids yell and bully me and teachers don't care if kids don't know they say it's your problem so i think it's a horrible school no school is wrose than p.s216.

Posted October 21, 2012
Great school with a leveled challenging academic programs plus IEP programs. Keep up the good work. I will continue my son to attend there until he graduates within 5 years. :)

Posted June 21, 2011
This school was not only where I began my education, but also where I learned English. I came to America in the middle of first grade and since I did not know the language, I was put into a class with other immigrant children. Our teacher, Mr. Wosher, was extremely accomodating and understood the varying needs of his students. He helped us focus on learning and developing without making us feel intimidated or pressured. The teachers I had in the subsequent years, wether for general homeroom, ESL, or art, inspired us to be the best we can, and I, personally, was never discouraged. I loved school, which every elementary school child should and I am extremely grateful to teachers I had while I was at ps 216. Although many of the teachers have probably changed from ten years ago, I haven't heard any bad things about the school so my opinion remains the same.

Posted March 24, 2010
I give this school an A+++, I have 3 children that attend this school I could not have made a better choice for my children then sending them to P.S. 216. They have a staff of Teachers and a Principal that truly cares about everyone of there students. My children, are learning so much. They offer many extracurricular activities, they have art, dance, Gym, band, chess, chorus and many more activities. They have bingo night for parents and children to spend quality time together and a spring hop with a different theme every year. They have an open door policy to see the Principal whenever needed. They have a great PA staff always willing to help. I can not say enough good things about this school. I really wish it would go up to 8th grade, I really wish my children could stay longer then 5th grade.

Ps 216 Arturo Toscanini
350 Avenue X, Brooklyn, NY  11223
Last modified Ps 216 Arturo Toscanini is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 216 Arturo Toscanini Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top