Brooklyn, NY
Students enrolled: 1,365

Posted August 17, 2014
Our sons thrived in PS217 - a warm, welcoming environment, well managed and well maintained, with a strong academics and strong inter-cultural social environment for the students. We are very lucky to live in the PS 217 zone.

Posted March 15, 2014
This school is awesome! The teachers are awesome! They help students. Learn and have fun at the same time. Have a talent or want to learn a talent? Then this school has more than 10 talent classes! Graduation Ceremony, the 5th grade dance everything is great! Science lab full of animals. This school is the base to education and life. Shows and a lot more.

Posted October 29, 2013
hi this used to be my school about a year ago im successfully in 6th grade with a great education the only thing i dont like is the principal franca conti she doesnt like us she doesnt even listen to another person and listen to other people. like seriuosly but everythign else if mind blowing my 5th gade teacher mr.brown was a excellent teacher if you get him youre lucky people dont like mr.brown why dont like him he teaches his kids like if they were his real kids. all my teachers were great so everyone out there if looking for a elementary school go here and hoply you dont have a naughty kid.lol. okay this was my frist school which i went for 6 years from kindergarten to 5 grade. really loved it so yeah. now oyu guys decide which is better. and every year the school changes and turns better and better i wish i can stay there for my whole education so yeah. hope oyu listen to me and think about the school. becuase its awesome.

Posted February 13, 2013
I used to go this school, in eagle (now I'm in 6th grade) and it was a really good school. Teachers, as far as i remember, do work hard (mostly directed to my 5th grade teacher, who made 5th grade awesome for me). The principal has strong leadership, too. The school also has a garden, lots of after school programs, sales and more. It's a great school.

Posted June 11, 2012
Unfortunately I was under the impression that PS217 was a great school based on location. Boy was I wrong. This school contains the most unqualified and unprofessional teachers I have ever met. My son's 3rd gradeexperience was a disaster , my son's teacher Ms.Dawn was unorganized, unpleasant and medicated. Conversations with this woman was difficult. Unfortunately the principal Mrs. Conti wasnt very helpful when I brought my concerns to her. She dismissed my concerns and very eagerly pointed out PS 217 overall grade average which was a "C". I guess she didn't think i'll look it up. I've learned so much from other parents who had similar experiences with the Prinicipal as well as other teachers at PS 217. Now, My Son attends a Chartered School with excellent informative caring teachers and I'm very happy with my decision.

Posted December 11, 2011
i love this school i used to go now i go to a better school the teachers push you to do better and plus it is on a beautiful campus and i love how the teachers are nice and one more thing with out a certain teacher written me a review i don't think i would be at my school and be in advanced classes

Posted May 02, 2011
Frankly speaking, we were at first dissapointed that our child was not accepted in a city-wide school in Manhattan. But as years passed, we have realized that this school has lots of caring teachers, enthusiastic parents and great playground. We like the diversity of families at this school, where our child learns about other countries and cultures by experience. The school and perticipating parents planted vegetables in the front garden last autum. Children could observe how pumpkins, chilli peppers and eggplants grow!

Posted March 03, 2011
This school is worse school i have ever seen. The administration very rude and uncooparative, teachers are not enough qualified to provide quality education they also careless. please if you could take your child to another school.

Posted November 26, 2010
Very good school. The teachers were great. What we were learning was easy though, I wish it had been harder.

Posted September 23, 2010
P.S. 217 Brooklyn The Worst School Ever: This school has careless and rude teachers. they don't respect the parents and they don't care about the kids. from my experience it's the worst school. they always have excuses for everything. the principal always turn you down once you get to talk with her.

Ps 217 Colonel David Marcus School
1100 Newkirk Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11230
Last modified Ps 217 Colonel David Marcus School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 217 Colonel David Marcus School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top