Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

I had a bad experience with the school's principal . I believe, a parents view should be considered when making important decisions concerning their child. I don't believe in a what the principal says goes sanario. When someone says to you," This is my school, and then proceeds to ignor you as a parent when it pertains to your child. The outcome could only lead to disaster for your child. I believe that both the parents and the school should work together for the best interest of the child. Although the principal portrays herself to be a person of integrity , I disagree with some of her statements and decisions towards my child.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

it's a hit or miss. Depends who is the child teacher. There are many caring teachers in the school but the style of teaching does not work for all children.

The school has changed drastically. My daughter attends this school and we are not happy how it is going academically or any matter. Her 2nd grade teacher left the school end of Dec. 2015 right before the break and the class did not have a permeant teacher for almost over a month. The class fell behind and the new teacher seems like a nice guy but lacks experience with handling children. The school overall is pretty good as they have after school programs/magnet and plays and activities during the entire school year. Movie on Friday once a month, science fair. However, there is no diversity in the school and the administration is not pleasant. I've gone to the school to speak w/Ms. Conti and she is very short.

Our sons thrived in PS217 - a warm, welcoming environment, well managed and well maintained, with a strong academics and strong inter-cultural social environment for the students. We are very lucky to live in the PS 217 zone.

This school is awesome! The teachers are awesome! They help students. Learn and have fun at the same time. Have a talent or want to learn a talent? Then this school has more than 10 talent classes! Graduation Ceremony, the 5th grade dance everything is great! Science lab full of animals. This school is the base to education and life. Shows and a lot more.

hi this used to be my school about a year ago im successfully in 6th grade with a great education the only thing i dont like is the principal franca conti she doesnt like us she doesnt even listen to another person and listen to other people. like seriuosly but everythign else if mind blowing my 5th gade teacher mr.brown was a excellent teacher if you get him youre lucky people dont like mr.brown why dont like him he teaches his kids like if they were his real kids. all my teachers were great so everyone out there if looking for a elementary school go here and hoply you dont have a naughty kid.lol. okay this was my frist school which i went for 6 years from kindergarten to 5 grade. really loved it so yeah. now oyu guys decide which is better. and every year the school changes and turns better and better i wish i can stay there for my whole education so yeah. hope oyu listen to me and think about the school. becuase its awesome.

I used to go this school, in eagle (now I'm in 6th grade) and it was a really good school. Teachers, as far as i remember, do work hard (mostly directed to my 5th grade teacher, who made 5th grade awesome for me). The principal has strong leadership, too. The school also has a garden, lots of after school programs, sales and more. It's a great school.

Unfortunately I was under the impression that PS217 was a great school based on location. Boy was I wrong. This school contains the most unqualified and unprofessional teachers I have ever met. My son's 3rd gradeexperience was a disaster , my son's teacher Ms.Dawn was unorganized, unpleasant and medicated. Conversations with this woman was difficult. Unfortunately the principal Mrs. Conti wasnt very helpful when I brought my concerns to her. She dismissed my concerns and very eagerly pointed out PS 217 overall grade average which was a "C". I guess she didn't think i'll look it up. I've learned so much from other parents who had similar experiences with the Prinicipal as well as other teachers at PS 217. Now, My Son attends a Chartered School with excellent informative caring teachers and I'm very happy with my decision.

i love this school i used to go now i go to a better school the teachers push you to do better and plus it is on a beautiful campus and i love how the teachers are nice and one more thing with out a certain teacher written me a review i don't think i would be at my school and be in advanced classes

Frankly speaking, we were at first dissapointed that our child was not accepted in a city-wide school in Manhattan. But as years passed, we have realized that this school has lots of caring teachers, enthusiastic parents and great playground. We like the diversity of families at this school, where our child learns about other countries and cultures by experience. The school and perticipating parents planted vegetables in the front garden last autum. Children could observe how pumpkins, chilli peppers and eggplants grow!

Last modified Ps 217 Colonel David Marcus School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.