Ps 219 Kennedy King 5

Posted April 29, 2014
My kids go there n they have a Iep and I love the school 1gd n kindegarten and they love they teacher and I will love to put my 3 yr old in there next yr

Ps 219 Kennedy King 5

Posted March 07, 2014
This school is absolutely amazing if you are complaining about your child being bullied then that's your fault you should have taught them to stand up for themselves the teachers try to keep their class in order but your children are so disrespectful and lack discipline. So before you criticize the school get your children in check.

Ps 219 Kennedy King 4

Posted June 28, 2013
Some of these parents who are complaining are the ones who cannot mannage their children's behavior. Rather than work with the teachers, they argue, argule or move their children to another school. They know the one person who disrespects parent and teachers alike. Instead of helping to fight for change, they argue more than anything else. There are excellent teachers at PS 219. Just one AP spoils the school.

Posted June 21, 2013
I think that the School would be a lot better if they got rid of the principle & some of the teacher like Mrs Judon, and Ms Andrews to be honest

Posted June 21, 2013
MY SON LEARNED NOTHING AT THIS SCHOOL BEING IN MRS. JUDON CLASS BUT I TRANSFERED HIM TO PS 268 WHICH HE GRADUATE, AND IS NOW IN JUNIOR HIGH,THEN THEY PLACED MY DAUGHTER IN MRS JUDON'S CLASS AFTER I ASKED THE PRINCIPLE IF MY DAUGHTER CAN BE IN A DIFFRERENT CLASS SINCE I FELT THAT MRS. JUDON WASN'T A GREAT TEACHER SO NOW I HAD TO TRANSFER HER TO PS 233 AND SHE IS DOING AMAZING THANK GOD SHE DOES GO TO PS 219 THANK U PS 233

Posted May 16, 2013
This is a poorly functioning and supervised school. The staff can be very unprofessional. Children can literally leave the school easily as it's poorly guarded. Even at the main entrance, the guard sits at a desk far away from the door entrance and socializes. As another parent mentioned, I have witnessed the cafeteria during lunch time. It is total chaos. I've discussed this with one of the teachers and she said it was due to understaffing and there are not enough people to monitor the children. I can write much more but I would avoid this school if you can.

Posted February 21, 2013
some of the teachers are good but majority of them have their ways. the assistant teachers don't help they criticize the kids instead of helping the kids. Don't be young parent they think you don't know what you are doing.

Ps 219 Kennedy King 3

Posted September 18, 2012
I had experience with ps 219. Some of the teachers are not patient enough with the children. For example, there was one teacher to 20+ children. The teacher was an older woman; she got really frustrated when children misbehaved. Her complaint about how bad these children are and how much she can t take it anymore. Based on observation and experience, most of the teachers get burned out really fast. During lunch time at ps 219, it's all chaos; food is being thrown across the lunch room, children are standing on the tables, they are hitting each other and the lunch room attendants are running after children. It s no different when school is let out at 3pm. On the other hand, students are encouraged to view the world as their class room. They are often taken on many field trips during the school year. The school host a great science fair each year. The teachers are not solely to be blamed. The parents in the community need to be more proactive and take the initiative to discipline their children at home. Also, parents can play a more active role in the school. AS a community let's work together to improve our public schools.

Posted March 28, 2012
MY CHILD CAME FROM A GREAST SCHOOL IN BAY RIDGE. SHE WAS DOING JUST FANTASTIC. SHE ENTERED THIS SCHOOL and I GIVE HER THIRD GRADE TEACHER KUDOS FOR KEEPING HER ON TRACK. AFTER THAT EVERY THING WAS DOWN HILL, RIGHT NOTHING WAS DONE TO THE COMPLAINTS OF THE CHILD BEING BULLIED, SHE CARRIED HER LUNCH AND THE CHILDREN WOULD THROW IT OUT CALL HER NAME AND DO OTHER MEAN THINGS TO HER, SOME HOW IT ENDED UP THAT SHE WAS AT FAULT.I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW SHE GRADUATED FROM THAT SCHOOL. SHE'S IN MIDDLE SCHOOL AND DOING SO POORLY SHE HAS A LOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THAT SCHOOL. CHILDREN COMPLAINED ABOUT THE SPANISH TEACHER WHO WOULD CHAT AND SHOP WITH HER FRIENDS ON THE INTERNET INSTEAD OF TEACHING, AND WOULD YELL AND SCREAM AT THEM FOR NOT DOING THE WORK. THE CHILDREN DO NOT SPEAK ANY SPANISH SO TO SPEAK AT GRADUATIONT I REALLY CAME TO SEE HOW MEAN THE KIDS WERE BECAUSE,EVEN THEY WERE SIGNING EACH OTHER TEE SHIRT AND I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY WROTE ABOUT HATING HER THEIR FRIENEMY AND THAT THEY STILL DON'T LIKE HER , SHE WAS TOLD BY A TEACHER THAT ALL THE OTHER CHILDREN WERE THERE BEFORE AND THERE WAS NO PROBLEM UNTILL SHE GOT THERE.

Posted March 27, 2012
This school is horrible ,my son is in kindergarden there ,he started as a great student ,he was line leader for the first three wks ,after his behavior started to change , I took note and decided to go and have a sit in ,what I saw was a total disgrace , the teacher had no control over the kids ,while I was there a child punch my son in the chest and the teacher said nothing until I brought it to her attention ,while the teacher was teaching there were kid doing hair and rolling on the floor ,incethe my son has been to the nurses office on mutiple times ,including for a kick in the private ,the principal[MS SINGLETARY] said she has no time for that which was very on proffessional ,this school should be closed ,it is not a place of education. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS THERE.

Ps 219 Kennedy King
1060 Clarkson Ave, Brooklyn, NY  11212
Last modified Ps 219 Kennedy King is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 219 Kennedy King Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top