Brooklyn, NY

Ps 225 The Eileen E Zaglin 2

Posted April 15, 2014
I'm a student at P.S. 225, currently finishing my 8th grade. It's funny for me to read parents' comments about this school, how terrible or amazing it is. From my own experience I'd say, that parents don't know even 1/5 of things that are happening in the Eileen E Zaglin. I'd like to start my review with the most important problem for 8th graders - the Science teacher. With all of my respect, our teacher knows NOTHING about educating kids, and the only way to learn science is by educating yourself. Trust me and all of my classmates, the entire school hates her and wants to get rid of. However, she has friends in "upper classes" who would protect her no matter what happens, and this is the only reason why she is not fired yet. Screaming and yelling at students is her profession, definitely not teaching. Assistant principal is a very mean person, and most of the students are afraid of talking to her, because she would scream at you no matter what you've done (I'm a 90 and above student, but still getting yelled at for no reason.) In conclusion, I'd like to say that this school is not that bad, however, if you're not ESL and care about your education, choose another school.

Posted March 18, 2014
My two kids go here sevrl years and I cant believe the bad comments on this website. Principal, Teahcres, Dean and AP's all take care of kids here. You can even see AP's and Dean outside walking our blocks before school to get kids in safe and on time!

Posted March 18, 2014
It is most caring schools ever. They always helping my children. Thanks god my kids go here!

Posted January 11, 2014
I am a former student here in PS 225. Most of the teachers don't give much respect to the 8th graders, while a handful are absolute gems. My friend went to this school with me and she was barely able to speak English. She once got lost on her way down to lunch. A teacher saw her and my friend was screamed at by the teacher until my friend was reduced to tears. Bullying is not taken seriously here. I was a bullying victim and how was the situation "taken care of"? A talk with the assistant principal. Other than that, no serious punishments were carried out. The building's 4th floor is also home to PS 771, making manners even worse for the students AND the staff. If bullying occurs in lower/elementary grade(s), do NOT take this lightly because in middle school the issue has a very high chance of escalating to violence, even on school grounds! Do not send your kid here unless he/she has physical strength and a quick wit.

Posted January 09, 2014
This school would be better if they change the staff that work there. the dean is completely clueless about how to do his job. The principal does care what dean or the assistant principle is doing. The assistant principal and the dean make promises that they dont follow thru on. When they are confronted about the situation the dean looks like he either doesnt care or doesnt know how to handle it. The assistant principal instead of keeping cool, calm and collective he starts screaming from the top of his lungs saying if you dont like how I do things take your kid out of the school. Who does that??? I am so disappointed with this school. I cant wait for the school year to be over so i can get my kids out of there.

Ps 225 The Eileen E Zaglin 2

Posted June 24, 2012
This school is not so great. The teachers are ok, but if you are an American person, who only speaks English at home, you are going to have problems communicating at the school with the kids & even some of the staff. The staff is mixed, but not as mixed as the students. We are an American family & we only know English. When my daughter started PreK in September 2010, she kept coming home for 3 months saying that kids don't speak English & that she can't be friends with them. I felt terrible for my little girl & when I would come to pick her up, I heard at least 5 different languages myself from the parents. I don't know if people care about this issue as much as I do, but I hate that about P.S. 225. The is only 50% of White kids in the whole school & the other 50% is very mixed. Again, may not be an issue for other parents, but is an issue for me. Unfortunately, in the Brighton Beach area, there are many mixed people & many different languages. I'm moving out of the area to a more American neighborhood in Long Island. Finally!!!

Posted September 16, 2011
My daughter started Pre-K this year and she loves every minute of it shes very happy with the teachers and staff .. I am really happy that i choose this school as a parent!

Ps 225 The Eileen E Zaglin 0

Posted April 16, 2010
i love this school it has beautiful teachers and it teaches me a lot of things since i came to this school . i am graduating this year but im really sad because im leaving and going to another school my favorite teacher is mrs wedderburn i love her so much and im abtsam by the way

Posted March 08, 2010
my child went to this dispicible school and has been treated as fowl as you can imagine !

Posted February 13, 2010

Ps 225 The Eileen E Zaglin
1075 Oceanview Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11235
Last modified Ps 225 The Eileen E Zaglin is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 225 The Eileen E Zaglin Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top