Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Because the teacher MUST Not drink hot beverages in class.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The teachers never check homework. Kids will be more organized if you will have strict homework rules.

My name as injured twice in this school.. The education is zero. The stuff are rude and unfriendly . I transferred my son to a different school. Parents be careful with your choice.

Great teachers what are working hard with our childrens. My daughter was in this school, and in the first time I helped her with homework, after than I have no problems with her. She took a good results! Thank you!

Rude teachers that cann't control their temper and curse and scream at kids. Terrible main office, dirty corridors and bathrooms.

My two kids go here sevrl years and I cant believe the bad comments on this website. Principal, Teahcres, Dean and AP's all take care of kids here. You can even see AP's and Dean outside walking our blocks before school to get kids in safe and on time!

It is most caring schools ever. They always helping my children. Thanks god my kids go here!

I am a former student here in PS 225. Most of the teachers don't give much respect to the 8th graders, while a handful are absolute gems. My friend went to this school with me and she was barely able to speak English. She once got lost on her way down to lunch. A teacher saw her and my friend was screamed at by the teacher until my friend was reduced to tears. Bullying is not taken seriously here. I was a bullying victim and how was the situation "taken care of"? A talk with the assistant principal. Other than that, no serious punishments were carried out. The building's 4th floor is also home to PS 771, making manners even worse for the students AND the staff. If bullying occurs in lower/elementary grade(s), do NOT take this lightly because in middle school the issue has a very high chance of escalating to violence, even on school grounds! Do not send your kid here unless he/she has physical strength and a quick wit.

This school would be better if they change the staff that work there. the dean is completely clueless about how to do his job. The principal does care what dean or the assistant principle is doing. The assistant principal and the dean make promises that they dont follow thru on. When they are confronted about the situation the dean looks like he either doesnt care or doesnt know how to handle it. The assistant principal instead of keeping cool, calm and collective he starts screaming from the top of his lungs saying if you dont like how I do things take your kid out of the school. Who does that??? I am so disappointed with this school. I cant wait for the school year to be over so i can get my kids out of there.

This school is not so great. The teachers are ok, but if you are an American person, who only speaks English at home, you are going to have problems communicating at the school with the kids & even some of the staff. The staff is mixed, but not as mixed as the students. We are an American family & we only know English. When my daughter started PreK in September 2010, she kept coming home for 3 months saying that kids don't speak English & that she can't be friends with them. I felt terrible for my little girl & when I would come to pick her up, I heard at least 5 different languages myself from the parents. I don't know if people care about this issue as much as I do, but I hate that about P.S. 225. The is only 50% of White kids in the whole school & the other 50% is very mixed. Again, may not be an issue for other parents, but is an issue for me. Unfortunately, in the Brighton Beach area, there are many mixed people & many different languages. I'm moving out of the area to a more American neighborhood in Long Island. Finally!!!

Last modified Ps 225 The Eileen E Zaglin is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.