Bad
Good

awesome school, keeps me interested in school, teachers and students are awesome, i love this school so much.

This school is fine but some of teachers are pretty strict and mean. They should be more nicer. Also they give out to much homework and they also have homework on Fridays. School should give out homework but to much homework can stress some kids out. Also with tests,they should tell them what type of test they need to study not like a test and the teacher didn't tell you what to study about just say there will be a test tomorrow.

Best school ever....I am a student at this school and although there is a bit of bullying this school is an immaculate and big school. The teachers at this school are great especially my favorite teacher on of the 7th grade ELA teachers she is an amazing teacher and I encourage many students to enroll into this school and help us build a better tomorrow today.

i will he graduating from this school this year i love it here and im oing to miss all my teachers i would rate this school a 7 out of ten

School nice I like but boring a bit no i teach here in mahtematics and kids are naghty but i still like skool a lot

Edward B. Shallow is the best school in district 20. Don't ltake verbatim in the poor reviews, many of them are inaccurate. As a former student, I found that many of the teachers are caring and supportive. When I had a problem, many of the teachers were willing to talk with me privately. When a classmate of mine had an issue, Principal Dr.Champion talked with her. The curriculum of the school is the standard NYC mandated one; and most students who fall behind get the help needed. Many of the students from the sp/ honor classes make it into specialized high schools(Stuy for me!). Many of the students are kept fit thanks to having Phys.Ed 3 times a week. Though, I do have to admit that this school is lacking in the arts; that is changing, though. Recently, a school newspaper has been introduced and a band is being formed(through the arduous efforts of Ms.P) There are some squirmishes amongst the students, but its average. Some kids may seem rude, but you have to get to know them. Are there fights? Maybe, after school and sometimes in the lunchroom.3 years ago, I wouldn't recommend this school. Over 3 yeas I've seen this school improve (smart boards, newspaper, talent show ipads etc

Please do not send your child to this school. Many of the students are rude, disrespectful, and immature. If you are Asian American, you will be called 'chino' and berated in other racist ways. There are sometimes when you will be assaulted by a random student for no reason. There are students that are willing to work hard, but they are overshadowed by those who do bad. The school also has limited course offerings with only 1 Spanish teacher, 1 art teacher (per grade) and only 2 music teachers. There's no band or any extracurriculars. Though, I agree that most teachers are decent. If you get in this school please try to transfer out. I'm currently in a Specialized High School and I regret spending a horrible 3 years at Shallow.

this skool is good i go there. I'm in class 802 and i think it good. u get to go ahead 1 year and take regent. got in2 Btech. ty shallow

I go to this school and I absolutely love it. The teachers are great and the students in the 6th, 7th, 8th grades are respectful. Parents or students who say this school is bad has never been there. They hear rumours. There are barley fights in this school. So whoever says this school is bad, they are hating. It makes me go rage mode when you "parents" say it's a bad school.

Whoever wrote "this school is by far the worst school ive been to in my entire life.", I really want to meet you. I also go to EBS, I came 2 months ago from a Private School. I absoulutely hate this school. Most of the teachers are decent, but the kids! They have NO manners, NO respect for anyone! Its filled with a bunch of kids raised in "ghetto" families. They're also SO mean! And, the 7th grade dean, Ms. Silver, doesn't care about anything that goes on in school. Such as bullying. She says to "toughen up". Maybe the person that wrote the review that I mentioned can at least be friends and get along. :/

Last modified Jhs 227 Edward B Shallow is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.