Brooklyn, NY
Students enrolled: 1,041

Posted February 05, 2015
I have twin daughters who are in the 7th grade at Boody and I cannot say enough great things about the school. The staff really cares for the students. I have had a few instances of bullying and the school is always quick to respond to my satisfaction. They really stress community and parent involvement. I'm not sure what the experience would be for parents who are less involved. My girls are in the music program and the dedication from the music teachers is outstanding. This is a school that really prepares their students for future success - a rare thing in NYC. They also have great and enriching after school programs, which is a godsend for working parents.

Posted November 03, 2014
My child just started at this school. So far we are happy. My child loves the magnet program and has no complaints about the teachers. The school work, projects and assignments are online. The math program...wonderful! I love the School of One. The school is safe and clean. The principal seems to be on top of everything, very visible and in charge. The PTA is great they send out notices via email and on their web page. My only concern is that this school's student attendance has increased dramatically and I wonder how this will affect the class size.

Posted May 07, 2014
My Daughter had attended Boody for three years now and I can't say enough about how much I love this school. The Principal Mr. D'Angelo really is why this school is so great. He is the face of the school. He's at every function. He leaves the weekly messages and sometimes daily messages that are sent to the parents to keep them informed on school activities. He stands outside every morning rain, snow or shine greeting the children as they start their day. That man rocks! I can't wait for my younger children to attend Boody. The teachers are all pleasant. And everyone is familiar with the students. The Principal knows everyone by name.!! Like I said Best School Ever!!

Posted January 27, 2014
this school is awesome and very googd. Good Teacher and good assistant principal. David A Boody is the best!!!!!!!!!!

Posted December 07, 2013
I am a prospective parent and have applied my current 5th grader to the school. The minute I stepped into the school, I felt a sense of warmth and security. I toured the school and was so impressed by the school culture and environment. I can't wait for my daughter to be part of this fabulous school!!!

Posted December 05, 2013
This is actually a great school. There are always teachers to listen and help. And surprisingly, they even have a teacher "therapist" where kids can talk about there problems. There are some bad kids, but they are dealt with easily. They even have magnets! Magnets is a period everyday where your child can practice there talen. But don't worry, there is something for everyone!Overall, this school is a great school and you should tell everyone you know about it.

Posted November 13, 2013
I wish i still went to this school, Me a young teen would never miss school in this great place. There are a very little amount of bad kids but they're dealt with. I am going back my last year absolutely. This school will improve people.

Posted October 24, 2013
David A Boody is a wonderful school. Students are willing to come to this school, from around the United States. One thing that i like about this the math structure. I love the development. Some schools have black boards and some schools have white board. This school is very technological. We work with laptops and the transition is lovely. One thing that the school can improve are the rules. The rules are way to strict. The can be flexible. Some students disobey them, because they are too strict. Otherwise, i think that the school is reaching the stars. Such a great school. Come to this school and your three years of middle school will pass by like shooting stars. To be honest, i love the staff. The teachers are amazing!

Posted April 30, 2013
my daughter started at david boody this year and i must say i"am glad that i picked this school for my child. the teachers are great and the deans are great, the principal is great also, i would tell everyone if they want a good school this school is for there child.

Posted June 28, 2011
I.S. 228 is a magnificent school. Principal D'Angelo is the greatest principal I have ever met --he gets things done. He also cares about our children and does all that he can to help them succeed. There are excellent teachers in every subject area at I.S. 228 - and they do all that they can to aid our children in understanding the subject matter. Finally, Ms. Sigona is the ultimate educator - what a beautiful, kind and smart individual. Thank you all for 3 years of magnificence. Principal D'Angelo - keep up the good work and continue to bring the latest innovation to the student at I.S. 228 - you are the best!

Is 228 David A Boody
228 Avenue S, Brooklyn, NY  11223
Last modified Is 228 David A Boody is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 228 David A Boody Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top