Is 228 David A Boody 4

Posted November 03, 2014
My child just started at this school. So far we are happy. My child loves the magnet program and has no complaints about the teachers. The school work, projects and assignments are online. The math program...wonderful! I love the School of One. The school is safe and clean. The principal seems to be on top of everything, very visible and in charge. The PTA is great they send out notices via email and on their web page. My only concern is that this school's student attendance has increased dramatically and I wonder how this will affect the class size.

Posted May 07, 2014
My Daughter had attended Boody for three years now and I can't say enough about how much I love this school. The Principal Mr. D'Angelo really is why this school is so great. He is the face of the school. He's at every function. He leaves the weekly messages and sometimes daily messages that are sent to the parents to keep them informed on school activities. He stands outside every morning rain, snow or shine greeting the children as they start their day. That man rocks! I can't wait for my younger children to attend Boody. The teachers are all pleasant. And everyone is familiar with the students. The Principal knows everyone by name.!! Like I said Best School Ever!!

Posted January 27, 2014
this school is awesome and very googd. Good Teacher and good assistant principal. David A Boody is the best!!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 13, 2013
I wish i still went to this school, Me a young teen would never miss school in this great place. There are a very little amount of bad kids but they're dealt with. I am going back my last year absolutely. This school will improve people.

Posted April 30, 2013
my daughter started at david boody this year and i must say i"am glad that i picked this school for my child. the teachers are great and the deans are great, the principal is great also, i would tell everyone if they want a good school this school is for there child.

Posted June 28, 2011
I.S. 228 is a magnificent school. Principal D'Angelo is the greatest principal I have ever met --he gets things done. He also cares about our children and does all that he can to help them succeed. There are excellent teachers in every subject area at I.S. 228 - and they do all that they can to aid our children in understanding the subject matter. Finally, Ms. Sigona is the ultimate educator - what a beautiful, kind and smart individual. Thank you all for 3 years of magnificence. Principal D'Angelo - keep up the good work and continue to bring the latest innovation to the student at I.S. 228 - you are the best!

Posted October 04, 2010
I feel David A Boody is an excellent school because of my daily experience in the school. As a teacher at this school I know my co-workers and I strive to be the best teachers by constantly keeping up with every students' needs- academically and socially. The principal, Mr. D'Angelo, is the most innovative leader I have experienced. In just a few years he has taken the school from a D rating to an A rating. He truly lives by the model "Eyes on Excellence." Lastly, our programs at our school are rigorous and engaging to our students. Technology is integrated into every subject. Math especially is run by a program called School of One which uses a computerized algorithm that differentiates the skills each student needs to learn and finds the best way that individual student may learn those skills. No student is left behind. Failure is not an option.

Is 228 David A Boody 4

Posted May 25, 2010
My daughter is in the 8th grade. When she first entered the school, it earned a "D" on it's progress report. Then Mr. D'Angelo became principal. That year the school went from a "D" to a "B". The next year it went to an "A". This is a great school that has a nice family feel to it. It is filled with good caring teachers, talented kids and a great principal.

Posted January 28, 2010

Posted December 24, 2009

Is 228 David A Boody
228 Ave S, Brooklyn, NY  11223
Last modified Is 228 David A Boody is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 228 David A Boody Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top