Bad
Good

This school is a good school the teachers are very qualified this is my daughter fourth yr she was in the javits program for three yrs and she is currently in the soar program the only problem that I have is , the staff in the lunch room are a bit too hard on the children , the system is designed to keep our children at a level in which they will not achieve at their highest potential us as a parent and a community need to work together to help our children achieve higher , we need to encourage more reading and less game playing and watching tv because without our help they will Gail;)

My child attends this school and is now in kindergarten. I appreciate the level of security for the kids. The staff is very attentive to my concerns. I would recommend it to another parent.

P. S 233 Langston Hughes is a wonderful school focusing on reading very important and my daughter love going she will be in 2nd grade September

MY DAUGHTER IS GOING TO 2ND GRADE AND HAD A WONDERFUL 1ST YEAR AT LANGSTON HUGHES, TEACHERS ARE ON POINT WHEN IT COMES TO OUR CHILDREN EDUCATION AND ARE VERY SERIOUS WHEN IT COMES TO READING THEY ALSO HAVE A WONDERFUL SOAR PROGRAM. M

Very good school the leadership is very good... I would recommend this public school. My child is doing good in reading, math and other things.

Last year we took our son from a private SDA school and enrolled him in the neighborhood school, PS 233. It was the best thing we ever did for him. His teachers are exellent and all the staff are on first name basis with him. Initially, he had some trouble with some bullies in his class, but the staff dealt with it with such care and concern for my child's welfare. For his safety, he chose to stay away from the recreation area and so they had him go into the kindergarden class to help with the babies and he is still there today. His title is, 'Child Guardian' I would recommend this school to anyone!

Excellent school, this is my daughter's first year (Pre-K) and we both love the school. The teachers are excellent and the security guards are very helpful.

This is my daughter fourth year in SOAR and she loves her school.

Last modified Ps 233 Langston Hughes is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.