Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school is not the school it use to be. I miss the first principal of this school very much. She had everything under control. The new principal Mr Lord is a horrible principal. One of the assistant principal Mrs Thompson is just as bad. There are some good teachers and there are some bad ones. I feel for the students because they can not express or be themselves in a certain way. There time are limited. If they try to express there thoughts to the teachers. They are cut off immediately from expressing there thoughts. As a mother and for other mothers its not right. The teachers in this school are protected to the core. That means your child is not protected. I find the principal like to hit but he will do so under the table when lease expected. And trust me! Everyone will pretend it never happened. It will be ignored. When your child misbehave trust me you will get a phone call from the school assistant principal. ASAP! If anyone of the teachers or lunch aide hit your child. You will never get a phone call until your child tell you what happened. And that's the truth. Because I experienced it. This school and others in it have there own little click. I had to pull my child out of this school because my child did not like how he was being treated. My child said to me. Mommy this school doesn't care about the the students. They only care about the teachers. Remember this school use to be an excellent school when Janice McKnight was principal. And now, I will never recommend this school to my worse enemy. Thank god I don't have one. They don't have an after school program. The curriculum activities in this school is limited. What ever is in the budget that's it. They are not going to go over that budget. The principal like it the way it is. Wake up people! Wake up! It's not going to get better in that school. My child is now in a more productive school environment. And he loves it. Thank god!

I love this school and my daughter have gained a great educated while she was there for the pass 6 years k-5. She had some great teachers that challenged her.

Just got my daughter enrolled ..so far the general atmosphere is great ..staff friendly ..looking forward to a great school year

I felt very concerned last year when I read the reviews about Lennox Academy. As an educator, I often long for a learning environment where children to be excited while working towards their fullest potential. This school is a gift to the community. The Principal is an outstanding leader, he seems to lead from the heart. The middle school program provides challenge and opportunity to engage in self discovery especially with the growth mindset philosophy. The projects and assignments allow students to retain what the learn. Example science games, books and booklets. Not to mention the use of technology for graphs and charts and in general. I was so impressed by the quality of the Arts program: The children not only learn Shakespeare but the get a chance to perform. I had one concern about the school and this was the extra curricular activities. To me all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy: However in 2014 the school introduced a after school program which to me makes rate this school as excellent: Elite, elite. I hope that the administration work on the athletics program to support the academic rigor.

Great School!!! My daughter is in kindergarten in Mrs Peters class and is one of the top performers in her class thanks to Mrs Peters. I've seen my daughter's reading improved tremendously. She keeps telling me how much she loves school and her teacher. Most recently my daughter had surgery and had to be away from school for about a week. Her teacher, Mrs Peters called her on the morning of her surgery to give her words of encouragement. I cannot explain to you the look on my daughters face. She was soo happy to hear from her. She also got a call from her teacher after the surgery to find out how well she's doing. My daughter also received home work from her teacher so that she stays updated even away from school. All I can say is this school is awesome to have such caring teachers and I am one proud parent. Her baby sister will surely be attending this school next two years. Hope she gets Mrs Peters!

I think P.S. 235 is an amazing learning environment which caters to the total development of the students. I have had a longstanding interaction with this school beginning in the early 1980's when my first child was enrolled there. All three of my children have excelled due to the solid "educational foundation" which all their dedicated teachers laid at this wonderful school. P.S 235 has maintained the high standard over the years, and we did not hesitate to have our precious granddaughter tested for the S.O.A.R. (Gifted) Program. Why would we choose to send her anywhere else? She already indicated that she wants to become a doctor like our daughter, and here we are putting our next generation on the P.S. 235 track, where "Learning Is Alive!" She is now in Mrs, Benjamin's kindergarten class, and we are so thrilled with her overall performance. Not only is her classroom teacher dynamic, but she is

Rigorous classwork &my child enjoys the concepts &class projects. She is in kindergarten @ECC and seems to complain about having so much work but NYS classrooms are changing, I understand the shift & accommodate my child's need for extracurricular activities afterschool with karate and soccer development. I am concerned about behavior& bullying but I guess that comes with the territory If I have a concern the teachers are cooperative. What can you expect from an 8 rating school everyone is working hard. I respect that! My daughter has mixed emotions about the work load but she wouldn't be a kid if she didn't complain I'm just glad she is being challenged and stretch as a student. They still put on holiday events the kids dance &sing & learn about cultures that is golden to me &I enjoy attending the events. I want to especially mention Mrs. Peters she is a veteran teacher and she knows what she is doing I had to learn to trust her professionally, she is doing her best &commend her efforts considering all the kids she has in classroom but she can do it & is. Mrs Quashie-noel is very special gentle &proud of her children I her style, MR. HO makes paper talking about it.

This is far the best school! Check out their report card on the NYS EDUCATION portal. It is the ONLY school that got A's across the board. My two boys are enlisted in the schools awesome SOAR program. I love it! Very hands on...the teachers teach how, when , where, and what you would do! EXCELLENT SCHOOL! The only bad thing: NO AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS...would be great if MUSIC, a foreign language, any SPORT was added so the kids can have something to do...maybe they should ask for volunteers...just a thought.

I HIGHLY recommend PS 235. My child is is pre-k and the amount of work covered in class is amazing. I feel as though my child attends a private school but the environment is relaxed. My child is constantly challenged. However the teacher was annoying at times always negative with my child on her behaviour in the classroom. She never praised her for any good behaviour. This affected my child most of the time. I guess the relationship between the two was bad because my child was golden whenever the teacher was off sick.

This school is no longer a good/great school. Academically, if you are in the SOAR program and get a good teacher, then you are lucky. If you do not get a good teacher, dog bite you! My child did well, up until 4th grade when we had the worst teacher, Ms. Caliendo. Poor classroom management. Your child suffered if you questioned anything. She dislikes parents that question her teaching or classroom style and she takes it out on the children. She LOVES to kick children out of the room for any minor thing. I say, look elsewhere. There are better schools.

Last modified Ps 235 Lenox School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.