Posted December 15, 2014
I felt very concerned last year when I read the reviews about Lennox Academy. As an educator, I often long for a learning environment where children to be excited while working towards their fullest potential. This school is a gift to the community. The Principal is an outstanding leader, he seems to lead from the heart. The middle school program provides challenge and opportunity to engage in self discovery especially with the growth mindset philosophy. The projects and assignments allow students to retain what the learn. Example science games, books and booklets. Not to mention the use of technology for graphs and charts and in general. I was so impressed by the quality of the Arts program: The children not only learn Shakespeare but the get a chance to perform. I had one concern about the school and this was the extra curricular activities. To me all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy: However in 2014 the school introduced a after school program which to me makes rate this school as excellent: Elite, elite. I hope that the administration work on the athletics program to support the academic rigor.

Posted May 08, 2014
Great School!!! My daughter is in kindergarten in Mrs Peters class and is one of the top performers in her class thanks to Mrs Peters. I've seen my daughter's reading improved tremendously. She keeps telling me how much she loves school and her teacher. Most recently my daughter had surgery and had to be away from school for about a week. Her teacher, Mrs Peters called her on the morning of her surgery to give her words of encouragement. I cannot explain to you the look on my daughters face. She was soo happy to hear from her. She also got a call from her teacher after the surgery to find out how well she's doing. My daughter also received home work from her teacher so that she stays updated even away from school. All I can say is this school is awesome to have such caring teachers and I am one proud parent. Her baby sister will surely be attending this school next two years. Hope she gets Mrs Peters!

Posted April 28, 2014
I think P.S. 235 is an amazing learning environment which caters to the total development of the students. I have had a longstanding interaction with this school beginning in the early 1980's when my first child was enrolled there. All three of my children have excelled due to the solid "educational foundation" which all their dedicated teachers laid at this wonderful school. P.S 235 has maintained the high standard over the years, and we did not hesitate to have our precious granddaughter tested for the S.O.A.R. (Gifted) Program. Why would we choose to send her anywhere else? She already indicated that she wants to become a doctor like our daughter, and here we are putting our next generation on the P.S. 235 track, where "Learning Is Alive!" She is now in Mrs, Benjamin's kindergarten class, and we are so thrilled with her overall performance. Not only is her classroom teacher dynamic, but she is

Posted April 24, 2014
Rigorous classwork &my child enjoys the concepts &class projects. She is in kindergarten @ECC and seems to complain about having so much work but NYS classrooms are changing, I understand the shift & accommodate my child's need for extracurricular activities afterschool with karate and soccer development. I am concerned about behavior& bullying but I guess that comes with the territory If I have a concern the teachers are cooperative. What can you expect from an 8 rating school everyone is working hard. I respect that! My daughter has mixed emotions about the work load but she wouldn't be a kid if she didn't complain I'm just glad she is being challenged and stretch as a student. They still put on holiday events the kids dance &sing & learn about cultures that is golden to me &I enjoy attending the events. I want to especially mention Mrs. Peters she is a veteran teacher and she knows what she is doing I had to learn to trust her professionally, she is doing her best &commend her efforts considering all the kids she has in classroom but she can do it & is. Mrs Quashie-noel is very special gentle &proud of her children I her style, MR. HO makes paper talking about it.

Posted February 03, 2014
This is far the best school! Check out their report card on the NYS EDUCATION portal. It is the ONLY school that got A's across the board. My two boys are enlisted in the schools awesome SOAR program. I love it! Very hands on...the teachers teach how, when , where, and what you would do! EXCELLENT SCHOOL! The only bad thing: NO AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS...would be great if MUSIC, a foreign language, any SPORT was added so the kids can have something to do...maybe they should ask for volunteers...just a thought.

Ps 235 Lenox School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
I HIGHLY recommend PS 235. My child is is pre-k and the amount of work covered in class is amazing. I feel as though my child attends a private school but the environment is relaxed. My child is constantly challenged. However the teacher was annoying at times always negative with my child on her behaviour in the classroom. She never praised her for any good behaviour. This affected my child most of the time. I guess the relationship between the two was bad because my child was golden whenever the teacher was off sick.

Ps 235 Lenox School 2

Posted September 28, 2013
This school is no longer a good/great school. Academically, if you are in the SOAR program and get a good teacher, then you are lucky. If you do not get a good teacher, dog bite you! My child did well, up until 4th grade when we had the worst teacher, Ms. Caliendo. Poor classroom management. Your child suffered if you questioned anything. She dislikes parents that question her teaching or classroom style and she takes it out on the children. She LOVES to kick children out of the room for any minor thing. I say, look elsewhere. There are better schools.

Ps 235 Lenox School 1

Posted September 26, 2013
OMG!! First I'd like to give props to the 3 best teachers at ps235-Ms Givner, Ms Tasimowicz and Ms Dixon. My son graduate 5th grade and I'm glad he's out. The 5th grade teachers were HORRIBLE Ms Straker in particular. This woman taught my son for 3 months he strayed away and I never found out about it until Nov during parent teacher conference. Her words to me was " I was wondering where are the parents for this child?" Never did I receive a courtesy call and knowing my child is a well mannered child you would think she'd show that she cared. My son went downhill academically after 5th grade and they are partly to blame. A bunch of negative screamers who chattered the poor children confidence. They were so afraid of ever asking a question because if they got it wrong they would be screamed at and asked to leave the classroom...go figure. My son did not learn anything in that school. Maybe it was reputable back then but not know. There's favoritism and I suggest that these teachers take a course themselves on how to teach and conduct themselves professionally. I can't wait for my 2nd child to be out of this school it's gone to the dogs from top to bottom.

Posted August 23, 2013
P.S. 235 is a great school. I attended the school and now my daughter and son attend the school. Also 6 of my nieces and nephews attend. I love the school environment and the teachers are great.

Ps 235 Lenox School 4

Posted March 16, 2013
THE SCHOOL NEED TO HAVE ART , MUSIC FOR THE KIDS ,CAUSE IT A PART OF LEARNING ,I

Ps 235 Lenox School
525 Lenox Road, Brooklyn, NY  11226
Last modified Ps 235 Lenox School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 235 Lenox School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top