Posted October 02, 2014
I just started Mark Twain and so far I have no complaints. The teachers are very nice. I have learned a lot and I have been in this school for less than one month. The only negative aspect about this school is that the tests are too hard. Although they are hard and you may not do well, they try their bset to help you. I am in Math\Computer talent and I am having a great time there. So far I'm learning programming and the teacher, Mr.Rubin is making it go very smoothly. In Mark Twain, the homework load isn't bad. Mark Twain has enrichment classes wich are fun. That keep students from being bored. If you are planning to go to the school, you have to work a lot. There is a lot of competition and you won't get in with luck. Work hard and you could be a student in this wonderful school.

Mark Twain is 239 for the Gifted and Talented 3

Posted May 18, 2014
The teachers in general are great, and I learned, but I don't think I'm being challenged enough. Also, the classes aren't organied very well. There's a new cluster that only has two classes and two teachers, while all the other clusters have four classes and four teachers, so there are two teachers teaching the four core subjects. This particular cluster is also picked on a lot by the other clusters. Really, other than my creative writing talent class, I don't think I'm learning very much from this school than I would from any other school. The teachers do try very hard, but I still think this school is overrated.

Posted January 10, 2014
I am currently in this school in 6th grade and i love it the teacher's are funny and nice. I am in vocal talent are teacher is really nice and i learned so much about vocal. The school isn't hard all you have to do is study

Posted December 03, 2013
Mark Twain is great and the staff are very nice, but it's far too stressful. The teachers give way more homework than most of the students can finish in one night, and wind up having to finish it in the auditorium or cafeteria the next morning. You might say that this is our problem with time management, but I think differently. Not only do we have a test practically every week, but they are all piled on top of each other, meaning we have 7 tests in a single week. Most students(like me) live relatively far from the school. I take the train home, and it takes me an hour. Why do I rate this school five stars if it sounds so stressful? Because the teachers are willing to do what ever they can to help you. I had a lot of trouble in math and I was feeling really depressed this year. My teachers realized before I even told my friends. They let me come to tutoring every other day, and I have a 98 average-pretty good compared to my beginning of 87. That's all I really have to say. The staff is amazing and there isn't a single teacher/administrator I didn't like.

Posted September 28, 2013
My son loves mark twain when he was in sixth grade and he had science they did a very cool experiment. These were the steps. 1. Put 5ml of cabbage juice in all the four test tubes. 2. Then we had to put 15 drops of vinegar in one of the test tubes. 3. Then we had to put 15 drops of ammonia in another test tube. 4. We had to put 15 drops of baking soda in the third test tube. 5. The fourth test tube we left alone. The results were, after putting vinegar in the first test tube the cabbage juice turned crimson. Then when we put ammonia the cabbage juice turned into so many colors. Blue,green,lime green,torquoise, and a little bit black. Then finally after putting baking soda into the cabbage juice it turned dark green and it was so fun.

Posted September 27, 2013
Its a great school my nephew has alot of fun. He is learning so much about arts ad theater.he is excelling in his studies while making life long friends.

Mark Twain is 239 for the Gifted and Talented 4

Posted September 16, 2013
Mark Twain was an amazing school. I just graduated and I miss it so much. Most of my teachers throughout my middle school experience were down to earth, kind, and helpful. They have good and fun lessons and sharpen up your academic skills I also hung out with some of my teachers. They were that chill. The homework load isn't that bad. It takes maybe about 2-3 hours, more or less. The bookbags are heavy and can be a pain. Just empty them out once in a while.The bathrooms and cafeteria can be gross, but the school is pretty clean overall. The hallways can get crowded; you just have to navigate through the kids that are trying to class. It becomes a routine eventually. It's also easy to get around the school (even though it's big). Twain also has talents (art, creative writing, dance, etc) that let kids have fun doing something they tried out for and enjoy. The school is starting to go on more trips, unlike in the past. You should definitely apply to Mark Twain, despite the rigorous courses which only prepare you for the future. To current students, enjoy it. You'll miss it. I made so many friendships and broadened my horizons. So, thank you Mark Twain for being an excellent school.

Posted September 11, 2013
AWESOME is how you would describe Mark Twain for the Gifted and the Talented. I think you should know that Mark Twain is awesome! It has great teachers and great things to offer. I love how you get to paint on the doors, walls, and chairs if you are in art talent. Mark Twain is definitely something you should look forward to. I think MArk Twain can definitely improve in many,many ways. First, at least have one or two elevators or so so students will not have to carry 20 pounds of textbooks, papers, notebooks, and binders through 3 flights of stairs. It is quite heavy and sweaty during the days, so about 200 students will bumrush up the stairs all sweaty, tired, and complaining about the very heavy backpacks all the way up. It is, from experience, very darn heavy. Suggesting a large elevator, such as some seen at Macy's, is suggesting a faster way to go and a less tiring way.

Posted August 15, 2013
I just graduated Twain and I'm going to Brooklyn Tech . I can honestly say that its a great school. I had good teachers, not all of them were great, but that happens. No one can possibly love every teacher they have. People try to talk kids out of going to this school, but why? Yea its gets tough, but high school won't be easy either. This school represents a mini highschool, nevertheless everyone gets along. We had guys who fooled around in class a lot. What teenage boys don't? This is a regular middle school if you look at the kids. If you look at the grades, its not. It's competitive. No joke. It's not too big of a deal, but there is a streak of competition between friends. It builds characterand the school sends more than half of the graduates to specialized highschools. The first year might seem tough. I found that at first i hung around kids and our personalities clashed. By the end of eighth grade you build strong friendships and it's sad to let them go. Many people are happy to leave, but only because they are excited for highschool. I was happy for that reason, but I can't believe I won't have Math talent everyday with those kids or any other class. Twain is great.

Posted August 05, 2013
The school gave hand crafted summer book project for incoming students. I can tell someone really disected what skills were needed in the school and came up with an assignment to educate students and parents in it. It wasnt too much or too little. It is the great book "Boy" the autobiograpby of Roald Dahl. It is helping my daughter really bridge the distance between Elementary and Middle school content. If this is an indication of academics in this talent school then I am very pleased.It is so important that kids develop at this time of their lives because they can grow in any direction. I am glad the 'talent' is not the only focus.

Mark Twain is 239 for the Gifted and Talented
2401 Neptune Ave, Brooklyn, NY  11224
Last modified Mark Twain is 239 for the Gifted and Talented is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark Twain is 239 for the Gifted and Talented Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 124 reviews. Top