Brooklyn, NY
Students enrolled: 1,007

Posted April 04, 2014
Andries Hudde I.S 240 is good school for sending your child. Hudde can give 100% safe in because it has everything to keep its student safe. Hudde have special ed class for people with disabilities and it have gifted program classes. Hudde is an equal school that have no interfere about clothes, ethnicity, color, and race.

Posted June 20, 2013
I am 2013 graduate of Andries Hudde, if your planning on sending your child to this school don't it may sound like a terrific school at first but its not. The children are horrible its filled with violence and gang activity, some of the teachers do not care for the students, and some teachers lack the knowledge to even teach the children. The mayor has done the best thing ever by shutting this school down and making it into a charter school maybe it will approve academic wise but it wont change the behavior of the children.

Andries Hudde School 2

Posted January 23, 2012
I'm writing this from a limited perspective and it is possible that with time I would see something that failed to catch my attention in the short time I spent in the school. That said, the administration at this school is completely unsupportive to their staff. I can not believe some of the things that were said to me in a situation where professional support and leadership was direly needed in order to benefit the staff and the students. The students run wild (with the exception of the gifted classes), hit one another, and the racial slurs are out of hand. Horrible.

Posted December 15, 2011
I am a former teacher of this school and I can honestly say that this school needs to have an overhaul. Some of the teachers here know their material and can teach it well if given the chance (this may happen if your child is in the SIG Classes). The leadership in this school is lacking and very unprofessional. They treat the teachers poorly as well as many of the students. The academics in this school is a joke. If you want your child to do 5th grade work in 7th grade then this would be the school for you. While teachers may try to give 7th grade work the administration tells them (the teachers) the students are not capable of doing the work. There is a lot of violence in this school and inappropriate language all around. As a teacher at this school I felt like I was in purgatory and could not wait until my day was over. I have never felt like this in any other school I taught in. Please stay far away from this school.

Andries Hudde School 5

Posted June 17, 2011
this school is the best and I love it! this school gives us the opportunity to do anything except wear non-uniform....otherwise it's fine XD

Posted November 24, 2010
To tell the truth, this school is terrible. There are to much fights going on in there. People coming home with back eyes.

Posted August 04, 2010
um truly i'm not really a parent of involvement but as i can see so far 3 of my children went to hudde and a another is going to attend this year of 2010-2011 anyway two of my sons didn't succeed in hudde this is where there badness started but from this day on i will remember my daughter Monica who went to hudde and just came from Haiti did terrific job all the teachers loved her she was a role model

Posted May 02, 2010

Andries Hudde School 0

Posted February 24, 2010
I thik this school should have no uniform policy and allow kids to have a study group after school where it is held at the library

Posted February 12, 2010

Andries Hudde School
2500 Nostrand Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11210
Last modified Andries Hudde School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andries Hudde School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top