Brooklyn, NY

Posted November 14, 2012
The principal of P.S. 253, the parent coordinator, the faculty and staff are absolutely amazing!! It is obvious in everything they do, that the children come first. It is an environment that I am proud to send my daughter to and I am extremely pleased with the nurturing and care displayed by the principal and her staff. This school is a gem!!

Posted February 05, 2012
I am proud to be a graduate of this public school, which was many years ago. I came from a big family and had recently immigrated to United States. We came here with just our clothes on our backs. My experience at P.S. was tough but I took alot away from that. One specific teacher Mrs. Beatrice, who taught 5th graders, made a big difference in my life. She enlisted in me the importance of self confidence and that you can do anything if you put your mind to it. Though they were not her exact words but it was hers actions and continous attention to each student as an individual that I still remember to this day. From that point I went onto graduate high school, complete my bachelor's degree, and then entered medical school. I completed my residency and am currently an emergency medicine physician. Thank you Mrs. Beatrice, where ever you are!!

Posted June 24, 2010
THANKS TO PS 253 FOR SO BEAUTIFUL AND WELL ARRAINGED GRADUATION TODAY (6-25-2010). EVERY TEACHER AND SCHOOL STUFFS ARE BREATHING WITH CHILDREN AND ARE POLITE, GRACIOUS, KIND AND GENTLE. THEY ARE GIVING THE CHILDREN A GOOD EDUCATION, EXPERIANCE AND TEACHING THEM MORE THAN SCIENCE , MATH OR OTHER ACADEMIC SUBJECTS. THEY ARE TEACHING THEM THE LIFE, POLITE BEHAVIOR. A PRINCIPAL IS A ROLL MODEL OF EVERYTHING BEST WHAT MIGHT EVERY PRINCIPALS HAVE TOGETHER. THE CHILDREN ARE WELLCOMED EVERY DAY BY STUFF WITH A GREAT PLEASURE AND LOVE AND EVERYONE CAN FILL IT. THANK YOU ONE MORE TIME PS 253 TEAM FOR YOUR PROFESSIONALISM. YOU ARETELLING TO EVERYONE THAT YOU REPRESENT THE U. S AND WELLCOME TO EVERY CHILDREN NO METTER WHAT AND PROVE THEIR FAMILIES THAT THIS COUNTRY IS THE BEST AND EDUCATION HERE IS THE BEST EVER. GODD BLESS YOU AND THIS COUNTRY. BEST REGARDS DALI, KHATIA'S MOTHER

Posted June 04, 2009

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted January 28, 2009
my child has attended this school since 2004. she began attending after being inlisted in a private school for the 2 previous years and will now be graduating this summer (june 2008), and i must say this school has reached my every expectation!

Posted June 26, 2007
My son attended Pre-K this school year (2006-2207). He had a dedicated, respectful and caring teacher. Our experience at this school has been wonderful. School staff understand parents concerns and address them accordingly.

Ps 253 2

Posted April 10, 2006
I think that some teachers in this school are only there for money and they don't care about the kids. I don't like how they scream and yell at the 9-10 y.olds.

Posted January 21, 2006

Ps 253 4

Posted January 13, 2006

Ps 253
601 Oceanview Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11235
Last modified Ps 253 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 253 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top