Brooklyn, NY

Posted April 28, 2014
since my daughter came a few years to ps 254, she is happy her grades have improved, i just regret that i didn't bring her when she was 4 yrs old.

Posted September 26, 2013
My children are in this school since 2011. This is a good school. The teachers are great and they do care about their students. The school staffs are nice and helpful. An A plus for our school coordinator, Karen Tam. She is always trying to help and efficients. The only thing I feel horrible is this school is facing a serious budget cut from the board of ed. I hope all the parents can help support this lovely school to run smoothly so that our children can get the best from them.

Posted September 13, 2013
Horrible school, very unorganized tried reaching out to the guidence counselor to give him feed back.. he definetly doesnt care looks like he just sits in his office all day and does nothing.. They have so many fundraisers but nothing to show for it.they put on a good show when parents are around the only good thing they got going is the assistant principal. The worst thing about the school is when the children get released it so crazy they are so unorganized especially in the rain,

Posted June 10, 2013
I am a rising sophomore at Cornell University and I attended PS 254 starting from the 1st grade as a recent immigrant and it has honestly been one of the best experiences of my life. As far as I remember, everyone at PS 254 is friendly and comfortable around everyone else and all my teachers still remember me from so many years ago. We were a family. I will definitely continue coming back to visit and give back to this school for the rest of my life. On another note, my two younger sisters also graduated from PS 254 (both are currently excelling in Mark Twain Middle School) and my brother is currently in Kindergarten and through all these years, my parents have had nothing but positive words to say about PS 254. Seeing all these low ratings for my elementary school is extremely surprising and something I absolutely had to say something to.

Posted March 21, 2013
The worst school ever!!!!!!!1 Today the teacher humiliated my child in the front of whole class.

Posted March 12, 2013
This school is getting worse and worse. Teachers very young they dont know how to deal with children. Principal only smile and trying to make a joke out of evething, same as her assistent.. Don't send your child there, they only want to make your child look stupid to sign him/her to a special education program. School will get more money from goverment.....

Posted December 17, 2012
This school is the best!!! there school safety squad was very interesting and their curriculum is well supported. If you want to go to a good school you should pick this i have graduated from from here and I'm in the 8th grade you should go here you will always remember this school

Posted October 06, 2012
My child went to this school. Don't send your child here I can count on one had how many good teacher there are in this school. The teacher education level is not good. Most of them are young individual that know nothing about children let alone education. I don't think my child has learn much each year. When your child has a problem with another child in the school they don't handle the problem the right way. Gifted classes are a waste of time here the kids are doing the same thing as a regurlar class just more H.W only thing that's great is the safety of the school with visitors coming in ID at all times. Parent coordinator does nothing to help you only when a higher level is around. Lack of communication with the principal but the assistant principal is on top of things much better.

Ps 254 Dag Hammarskjold 3

Posted September 08, 2012
Parents are being more and more disappointed with this school. For the past year lunch program, those professional parents are paying 25 cents or even free for their kids' meals. Some earn much less have to pay in full. Some parents know somebody, their kids can be entered eagle class with a low score or can be switched any class they like. It is so unfair with the other kids and they knew even though they are little.

Posted January 22, 2012
My daughter went to this school, she is now 16 years old and she believes this school was one of the best things that could have happened to her. It had such a good environment, vibe, and focus to its students, that she feels could not have started her academic life off better anywhere else. This school set her off with a wonderful foundation in computer skills, health, art, and music, along with great knowledge in core subjects such as English, Math, Science, and Social Studies. I can say that in today's world America's education is not too impressive and that the teachers in most schools are not qualified, but when my kids went here they were very intelligent with genuine interest for learning in the fun and caring environment they were in. I hope that this school only remains excellent and I wish to assist them in any help they may ever need in the future.

Ps 254 Dag Hammarskjold
1801 Avenue Y, Brooklyn, NY  11235
Last modified Ps 254 Dag Hammarskjold is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 254 Dag Hammarskjold Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top