Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some not all of the teachers in this school are effective.

I agree with the parent who posted in November of 2013, I wouldn't say all teachers but some don't answer back. Teachers don't notify of you of anything until it's too late already. They expect the students to be like adults they have no grace when it comes to the kids as far as telling them or giving them specifics on things. Not all but some aren't helpful to parents & just plain bad teaching.

I love this school. All the teachers are so helpful and teach you great. Most teachers come to school early and stay late to help their students. Also they always want the best for you. In addition there are many after school clubs like the drama club to the starfish club. I love this school and wish I could stay in it forever but sadly I cant. If you are choosing middle schools this year then put McKinley as your first choice, you wont regret it.

I love the communication between parents and teachers, also very helpful is online portal . I can monitor my kids grades and upcoming tests. Teachers and staff are great with responding on the email from me and resolving a problem if any. I m happy with after school programs , and most important my kids are safe and comfortable at school.

This school is quite a good school. The teachers there are very reliable and willing to motivate the students to learn. Being the school just makes me feel more safe and happy.

I was born and raised in Bay Ridge. This school has proven to be a good school in the past 5 years or so. I have to applaud Ms Geary and her staff for such great involvement. Teachers are attentive and serious about teaching. Don't let bad comments about this school steer you wrong. Students that come from involved parents, and a respectful home with values and principles, do excellent in this school. --- Mom of a graduate student.

School is awful if your child is struggling and you care as a parent. Teachers dont call you back, have favorite students, pre shool tutorial is a joke(they just tell you to sit there and read your notes) teachers dont notify parents if child fails a test or require parent to sign test so child doesnt have to show parent bad mark. Teachers dont give students specifics on what to review before tests. I could go on but...

My school is great. The teachers are one in a million. Great after school preparation for the SHSAT.

THIS SCHOOL IS A REALLY GOOD ONE, THEY MADE STUDENTS FEEL COMFORTABLE, MAKE STUDENTS UNDERSTAND EACH CLASS AND MAKE THE BEST THEY COULD

I feel the assistant principals and teachers only concern is their pay checks I have another younger child and I will make sure she will not attend this school

Last modified Jhs 259 William Mckinley is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.