Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 28, 2016
I love this school. All the teachers are so helpful and teach you great. Most teachers come to school early and stay late to help their students. Also they always want the best for you. In addition there are many after school clubs like the drama club to the starfish club. I love this school and wish I could stay in it forever but sadly I cant. If you are choosing middle schools this year then put McKinley as your first choice, you wont regret it.

Jhs 259 William Mckinley
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 23, 2015
Applying for HS is not an easy process. It is stressful and overwhelming. I have received lots of support and help from all the teachers and staff, especially Ms. Madonia from the Guidance Dept. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me understand the process and making sure my kids have everything in order to start the next chapter in their academic lives. Also big thank you to all the teachers who helped my kids by writing recommendation letters towards their HS applications. I appreciate the time and help from everyone involved.

Posted November 23, 2015
I love the communication between parents and teachers, also very helpful is online portal . I can monitor my kids grades and upcoming tests. Teachers and staff are great with responding on the email from me and resolving a problem if any. I m happy with after school programs , and most important my kids are safe and comfortable at school.

Posted December 29, 2014
This school is quite a good school. The teachers there are very reliable and willing to motivate the students to learn. Being the school just makes me feel more safe and happy.

Posted August 27, 2014
I was born and raised in Bay Ridge. This school has proven to be a good school in the past 5 years or so. I have to applaud Ms Geary and her staff for such great involvement. Teachers are attentive and serious about teaching. Don't let bad comments about this school steer you wrong. Students that come from involved parents, and a respectful home with values and principles, do excellent in this school. --- Mom of a graduate student.

Posted November 14, 2013
School is awful if your child is struggling and you care as a parent. Teachers dont call you back, have favorite students, pre shool tutorial is a joke(they just tell you to sit there and read your notes) teachers dont notify parents if child fails a test or require parent to sign test so child doesnt have to show parent bad mark. Teachers dont give students specifics on what to review before tests. I could go on but...

Posted October 26, 2013
My school is great. The teachers are one in a million. Great after school preparation for the SHSAT.

Posted October 25, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS A REALLY GOOD ONE, THEY MADE STUDENTS FEEL COMFORTABLE, MAKE STUDENTS UNDERSTAND EACH CLASS AND MAKE THE BEST THEY COULD

Posted June 20, 2012
I feel the assistant principals and teachers only concern is their pay checks I have another younger child and I will make sure she will not attend this school

Posted February 04, 2012
this school gave me depression and the teachers descriminate a lot of students like ms decarlo. they dont help certain kids. thank god i left this school. i wish i passed the dyker test to get in their school. (they also dont care about bullying). dont let these reviews decieve you.

Jhs 259 William Mckinley
7301 Fort Hamilton Parkway, Brooklyn, NY  11228
Last modified Jhs 259 William Mckinley is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 259 William Mckinley Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 79 reviews. Top