Posted July 25, 2012
I find it very hard to understand that this school has teachers that "work hard" when i had to pull my son out of he top class in his grade to save him from being left back. his teacher (the top class) wanted to leave him back from the middle of the school year. I asked her. how come you cant call or email if there is a problem with my child, she said she don't have time. i pulled him out of her class so fast. had a meeting with the assistant principal and the guidance councilor and expressed that, that teachers response to me was not acceptable. now he's moving on to the next grad, but he will not be attending PS272, what a shame. it's right around the corner from my house.

Ps 272 Curtis Estabrook 1

Posted August 09, 2011
This school has the LOWEST Public School scores in the Brooklyn District. One of the lowest 10% ranked school scores in the entire NYC School systems. Reading: 1st Grade: 31.1 2nd Grade: 38.9 3rd Grade: 28.3 Math: 1st Grade: 32.4 2nd Grade: 30.4 3rd Grade: 23.2 There is absolutely no excuse for the Reading and Math scores to be this low. For the sake of the kids, Principal Keyes should be fired or reassigned immediately.

Posted September 18, 2010
My son graduated from Curtis Estabrook and he graduated with honors. I have been a constant supporters of the school . My daughter is now attending. This is her 2nd year and I must say Im disappointed. The teachers are absent at least 30% of the time. If the teachers are absent they put your child in different classrooms. This is frightening to a 2nd graders. This year the classroom have about 35 children in each class which to me is a outrage. How is teacher be able to give attention to 35 children? I don't think Ms Dakota Keyes has a handle of what has been going on these past couple of years.

Posted June 21, 2010
Ms. Keyes wants everyone to think that this school is wonderful but as a parent and volunteer, I know better. I've seen what goes on. It's a whole smoke and mirror routine. The speech she made at Graduation was all about HER and what SHE did and how SHE changed the school. It's her teachers who work hard, it's her teachers who deserve the applause and the awards, not her. I am disappointed that the parents believe her act of light.

Posted October 15, 2009
My daughter has made a complete turnaround in her attitude about reading since attending 272. I am ecstatic! The positive reinforcement she receives from the teachers and staff there encourages her and makes my job alot easier at home. Thank you, Principal Keyes.

Posted October 15, 2009

Posted October 08, 2009
I was very hesitant about enrolling my son into PS 272. Last year, when he son enter kindergarten, the school had a new principa;, Mrs. Dakota Keyes. She is the reason the school has done a complete 180. It started with her passion for the kids and it trickled down to the teachers. Everyone at the school is very helpful and their #1 mission is for our kids to succedd.

Posted May 08, 2009
As I sit here and read the reviews of parents and teachers, I say to myself, 'You know, it's cool that someone can really write about something and have people like me view it. I am pretty sure that many people heard about the 'Once upon a Time', low- reputation the school had. I as a parent of a 5th grader and soon pre-schooler, have to say that I have seen P.S 272 elevate from nothing to something. In the past when I volunteered as a Learning Leader, I recall the school was out of wack. And yes, it may be true what other people may comment about the turmoil in 272 but I have to say that since Ms. Keyes have taken office as principal, P.S. 272 students, teachers, and parents have learned to believe that 'All is Possible'. I'm sure we will reach for another 'A'!

Posted April 29, 2009
As a learning Leader here at P.S 272 I Ms. Sharnette Morsby have had a great time, I love to see the children and staff excelle .As a parent with a child in Ms Susan Cohen Class I see change growth and a will that my son did not have the fact that he believes in himself is wonderful thank you Ms.Keyes for a great year.Your parent this one has your back

Posted April 29, 2009
As a Parent, I have experience the importance and meaning of Partnership with my Child and his/her School. I listened to parents good and not so good experiences at P.S. 272. I have (3) kids Kristoph, Kyle and Keanu; one of which has graduated and has continued in great success! Great success, by the wealth that has been set upon by higher grounds. My 2nd Son Kyle has been doing really great and many thanks to his Teachers, Ms. O Brian & Ms. Molinari and again (us) Parents, working hand-in-hand with school support leadership teams. The strongest element is being part of the PTA, Parents if you really want/need to be heard, you would need to plant your feet into PTA Meetings. It has a huge impact on the result in which you stand. If you re serious about change, you need to work with your teachers, school leaders and your child/children.

Ps 272 Curtis Estabrook
24 Seaview Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11236
Last modified Ps 272 Curtis Estabrook is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 272 Curtis Estabrook Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top