Posted June 07, 2013
This school is the best, both of my kids attended this school. Infact my last child this is her final year. I recommend a lot of my neighbors to PS 279. Great teachers, well kept school..not forgetting the principal Mr Chambers, he is awesome .

Posted May 23, 2012
This is my final year at 279 and this has been the best school year. Ive been here since 1st grade and I loved this school ever since. The principal Mr. Chambers, is hands on with the students and he is an awesome principal. When I leave, I'm going to make sure I come visit everyone. I'm especially going to miss my 3 favorite teachers, Ms. Craig, Ms.Meredith and Mr.Skinner. If your in fourth grade and going to be going to fifth grade and you have Ms.Meredith and Mr.Skinner your not going to regret it. There real and they give real life stories of their experiences to feed knowledge to the children. I'm deeply going to miss EVERYBODY! Have a great time at P.S. 279. Home of Tolerance, Respect, and Integrity : TRI

Posted March 25, 2011
i am very happy with the progress that my child has made since he started p.s. 279 in PK, he is now in second grade. The school facilities is always clean and very presentable. Faculty and staff displays exceptional qualities.

Ps 279 Herman Schreiber 1

Posted December 11, 2009

Posted October 29, 2009
The new principal has reallturned this school around...especially in school behaviour which has been the benchmark for other academic successess.

Ps 279 Herman Schreiber 0

Posted August 20, 2009
Our son is now in his final year at 279. Overall, the teachers, staff and even the security guards, we've encountered have shown an interest in our son's growth. I do however believe that the curriculum is not challenging enough for the gifted students. An increase in afterschool activities and arts enrichment would be a benefit to the students.

Ps 279 Herman Schreiber 0

Posted December 21, 2008
I think this school has a lot of work to do in reference to diciplining with students. The environment is not welcoming as it shoulld be for a parent in an elementary school. There are some efforts made but not consistent. The principal has redirected his energy and is working with parents outside of the PTA. This school has some work to do.

Posted November 07, 2008

Posted August 04, 2008
this school is the best school i have intended so far and i am going to 8th grade I was there since 2nd grade and i did not know a bit of English and now i am in 8th and an Einstein which is a gifted program in my school i do not regret this school at all its the best you will ever find

Ps 279 Herman Schreiber 4

Posted July 05, 2008

Ps 279 Herman Schreiber
1070 East 104th Street, Brooklyn, NY  11236
Last modified Ps 279 Herman Schreiber is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 279 Herman Schreiber Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top