Bad
Good

This school is amazing I am a senior at this school and it is awesome. We have many fun events and we have great learning experience, the only thing I don't like is the uniform policy but it is top notch they also help us plan for our choice of middle school

This school is the best, both of my kids attended this school. Infact my last child this is her final year. I recommend a lot of my neighbors to PS 279. Great teachers, well kept school..not forgetting the principal Mr Chambers, he is awesome .

I am a 2012 graduate of PS.279 - I HAVE GONE THERE SINCE PRE-K AND I DO NOT REGRET MY PARENTS DECISION TO SEND ME THERE. THE TEACHERS ARE VERY NICE. THE PRINCIPAL IS GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO MAKE THE SCHOOL A BETTER PLACE. IF YOU ARE ENTERING THE FOURTH GRADE AND GET MRS.KOGAN YOU ARE VERY LUCKY. I WILL MISS ALL OF THE STAFF WHO HELPED ME. Wonderment Inquiry Discovery.

This is my final year at 279 and this has been the best school year. Ive been here since 1st grade and I loved this school ever since. The principal Mr. Chambers, is hands on with the students and he is an awesome principal. When I leave, I'm going to make sure I come visit everyone. I'm especially going to miss my 3 favorite teachers, Ms. Craig, Ms.Meredith and Mr.Skinner. If your in fourth grade and going to be going to fifth grade and you have Ms.Meredith and Mr.Skinner your not going to regret it. There real and they give real life stories of their experiences to feed knowledge to the children. I'm deeply going to miss EVERYBODY! Have a great time at P.S. 279. Home of Tolerance, Respect, and Integrity : TRI

i am very happy with the progress that my child has made since he started p.s. 279 in PK, he is now in second grade. The school facilities is always clean and very presentable. Faculty and staff displays exceptional qualities.

The new principal has reallturned this school around...especially in school behaviour which has been the benchmark for other academic successess.

Our son is now in his final year at 279. Overall, the teachers, staff and even the security guards, we've encountered have shown an interest in our son's growth. I do however believe that the curriculum is not challenging enough for the gifted students. An increase in afterschool activities and arts enrichment would be a benefit to the students.

I think this school has a lot of work to do in reference to diciplining with students. The environment is not welcoming as it shoulld be for a parent in an elementary school. There are some efforts made but not consistent. The principal has redirected his energy and is working with parents outside of the PTA. This school has some work to do.

this school is the best school i have intended so far and i am going to 8th grade I was there since 2nd grade and i did not know a bit of English and now i am in 8th and an Einstein which is a gifted program in my school i do not regret this school at all its the best you will ever find

This school is very goo from it's teacher's too it's students.

Last modified Ps 279 Herman Schreiber is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.