Posted April 30, 2014
I believe that this school is exceptional and should continue it's good work. The teachers are well educated and are the reason this school is doing as well as it is. I really love this school.

Posted July 25, 2013
How can a school be allowed to have students wear different color shirts to identify the gifted students from the non-gifted students? Why do the teachers give access to quality resources to the gifted students while the "yellow shirts" do not get treated the same? I had to remove my child after a semester because it was not a good place for him. The teachers need to stop treating the kids like some students can learn while others are simply stupid.

Posted April 30, 2013
I love my child's school and the staff is very warm and welcoming to parents. I would like the school to remain the same, however we are now being obligated to divide our small school into three schools and I believe the whole dynamics of the school will change. Hope it is for the best because the principal, Ms. Williams and the staff are doing a great job. They are my village helping me raise my children. Maria Guevara Ruiz

Posted July 10, 2012
My daughter went to IS 292. I was very pleased with the quality of work and the high expectation. My child did very well, and was recognized for her diligence and commitment on several occasions. The teachers work with parents to get every student on grade level.

Posted June 25, 2012
It was unfortunate that this school was given negative publicity in the front page of NYC Daily News. In fact, this article about littering the 911 memorial site somehow seeks to over shadow an institution with a strong academic program, exceptional after-school outlet for kids and many supportive services. I must confess this is not the best school in NYC but a school of this caliber in a low income neighborhood does an excellent job in ensuring that many kids meet requirements for specialized high school; this year was no different with 10 kids being admitted to Brooklyn Tech and Stuyvesant schools. Even though my son did not meet my expectations is not a sufficiently good reason to cast aspersion on this school. At least he was fully engaged in specialized high school prep, completely overwhelmed with homework and assignments, exposed to a variety of vocational training including photography. He was even given the opportunity of completing high school credits (regents). The many complaints were just noises he made but in the final analysis I saw growth. Like other school, some kids have little regards for adults but at the end of the day the administration should be commended

Posted April 19, 2011
This school used to be a terrible school were children were very violent. But over the years this school has established a gifted and talented program that promotes all above average children. This school also has many excellent performing arts programs. This school has also got a new principal since 2004. This new principal is strong and really cares about children he has established Saturday school and a breathing program that tries t help kids focus and relax.

Posted November 29, 2010
Very bad school. My daughter attended only a couple of months and I had to transfer her. A lot of fighting and bullying in this school. The staff needs to be trained. Just a very bad school over all.

Posted October 24, 2009

Posted September 05, 2009
I graduated in the class of 08 and this school really did ready me for high school. In fact, high school is way less intense than school at 292. I love it there.

Posted July 25, 2009
i went to I.S 292 and it's not a very good school at all

Jhs 292 Margaret S Douglas
301 Vermont St, Brooklyn, NY  11207
Last modified Jhs 292 Margaret S Douglas is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 292 Margaret S Douglas Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top