Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

My child has shown exceptional growth both as a student and individual while in this school. They have a STRICT no bullying environment, and truly care about the educational and social/emotional development of each child.

My child is a student within the ASD Horizon Program at PS 307 Daniel Hale Williams for the past 4 years (K - 3) and I cannot say enough great things about this school and staff! At first I was worried because I couldn't find any positive information about this school online. It was actually listed with a terrible grade! However, because I was in search of a school with a good Autism Spectrum Disorder Program instead of a typical Special Ed Program, and because this Horizon program integrated within this school had such rave reviews, I decided to visit and see for myself before I completely crossed them off my list. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I DID! This school is nothing like the bad reviews and bad rep that I read about online. Maybe at some point all of those things were true, but this school has been revamped, restructured and remodeled to become one of the best schools within NYC. They are now a NYC STEM School with a multi-million dollar grant towards Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics. Their educational and social/behavioral are led by amazing Staff and Teachers who go above and beyond just teaching the students. The Staff and Faculty welcome and support all parents through various workshops to learn how to incorporate at home what the students are learning throughout the day. The ASD Program further educates parents of children with Special Needs in learning about the child and how to best deal with specific situations to help the children. I can't say enough good things about this school and MOST ESPECIALLY about the program for children on the Autism Spectrum. Mrs. Figueroa leads the ASD program at PS 307. SHE IS A TRUE GOD-SEND!!! When meeting her - I knew automatically that this is the school environment that I wanted for my child. The whole school provides a warm, nurturing, inviting vibe for students and parents alike!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

They have a strict no bullying environment. Issues are immediately dealt with and parents are informed and involved in mediation.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My child is in the ASD Horizons program at PS 307. She has grown exponentially. She loves to go to school and has progressed from nonverbal, nonsocial, to one of the leaders of her classroom.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

This school has an amazing, loving, nurturing staff!

Last modified Ps 307 Daniel Hale Williams is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.