Brooklyn, NY
Students enrolled: 1,647

Is 318 Eugeno Maria De Hostos 3

Posted May 17, 2014
This school is a good school but only if you're in the sp or honor program. They treat you better if your in the sp program and also if your in the chess team or in the school band. If your in the regular classes or in the "dumber" classes (801-805) you often dont get a good experience in this school. There's a lot of fights outside the school especially with the middle school 71. Also the deans usually don't care and don't have enough time for you. I went to this school for my three years of middle school and now my sister goes here . If you going to this school or your child is going I advise you to please try to enter the sp program and if you don't meet the standards try to get good grades in the 6th grade to get in the program in the 7th grade . The sp program allows you to take a bunch of regents so you get credits for high school and when you get to high school you can take free college classes. The sp kids are also the groups of kids that don't get stuck in the wrong crowd doing the wrong things.

Posted April 28, 2014
This is the best school in Brooklyn. my daughter is very happy with this school has chosen. teachers are very good :))))

Posted March 26, 2014
This is a great school. Teachers are hard working and really care about students. They are great with after school programs and during school prograns. My son and daughter go there and come home with a smile on their faces every single day. If my child is failing a class I will get an honest phone call. The teacher will tell me that tutoring is mandatory which is a good thing because it shows that they really care. All staff members have a great attitude toeards parents and students. My child will be there for all of middle scjool . This is a great school.

Is 318 Eugeno Maria De Hostos 1

Posted May 09, 2013
my son is a current student in I.S. 318 in Brooklyn & for the past 2 years. I have been calling with concerns about bullying & harassment that my has had to endure since he's been there. i have left messages (with no return calls) & had meetings with the school & nothing ever seems to get done. My son has complained to the leaders of the school & somehow he is still getting bullied & is afraid to go to school. I as a concerned parent am not comfortable that the safety concerns I have brought up to their attention have not been resolved and are not of any concern to them. I have asked & begged for help from the school & my son & I are not being acknowledged.

Is 318 Eugeno Maria De Hostos 3

Posted August 28, 2012
my son goes here and it looks great on tour, but I really think they need to add recess in the weekly schedule. i know it's a large school but recess is one of the few times you get to casually engage in friendship and meet/make friends. Why do they need to sit at their lunch tables everyday with no option for outside free play. (not talking about gym). They could also use the homeroom schedule as partial advisory. Could be helpful for some students. The academics are close to what they would get in high school and I thought some classes were very thorough. i did not like the fact that most of the students do not go on any educational field trips (unless maybe you are in a gifted class). They could also try to let the PTA help create more opportunities for other parents to work on committees and further their involvement. overall, the school is fine for some, but not a good fit for my child.

Is 318 Eugeno Maria De Hostos 2

Posted May 10, 2012
Sure, it's a nice school academically. I learned enough to skip Algebra 1 in my high school. There is, however, one huge problem. This school is, simply, not very fair to the students. I know that teachers have different ways of teaching, but if one suspends a kid for possibly saying a certain curse word, and another does nothing about another screaming the same at a student, there's something wrong. When one girl gets called names and the name-callers get suspended and the entire lunchroom gets told, and another gets repeatedly 'called names', among other things, and nobody does anything, something's wrong. This school is the reason I was glad to leave New York for a place I've been to once, where I knew one or two people. I am a former student of 318. I'm so glad it's over.

Posted September 15, 2011
I love this school for my daughter and she loves it also. She spent 6 years in a catholic school and they decided to make it a Charter School, starting from K-4th grades. I was forced to find another school for my daughter and was told JHS 318 is a really good school. The rest is history. My daughter started JHS 318 in the 7th grade and my only regret is that i didn't put her in there sooner. There are so many programs for the kids to choose from and the staff really cares about the children. My daughter struggled with math and her math teacher took the time to tutor her and a few other students after school. She's now in the 8th grade and 5 days after school started, my daughter came home with all the information regarding applying for high schools as well as information for Regents prep that JHS 318 offers the students. They are extremely on top of things. Although the school has well over 1,000 students, you would never be able to tell. The hallways are always clear and quiet, the students are not loud and rowdy, security make sure the boys hats are off coming into the school and they also care about the students. Two thumbs up for the principal, staff, teachers and security.

Posted September 14, 2009
The staff in this school is awesome. They really care about the students and their safety. The programs are also wonderful.

Posted June 25, 2009
this school is a wonderful school the programs they have are amazing and the schools enviorment is very good i really loved it

Posted April 30, 2009
This school is such an amazing school with all the programs they have. They best performing arts program in the city; dance, drama, visual art, concert band, marching band, guitar, cooking, sewing everything you can think of. I am currently in the Senior Concert Band that plays college level music and had the honor to perform at carnegie hall last year. All the teachers are helpful and you will learn a lot. You can take many advance classes such as Intergrated Algebra,Global Studies, Earth Science when your in 8th grade, and in 7th grade you can take living environment so by the time you get to high school you will have your credits and will be put into the 10th grade. I consider this school my own private school. Class of 2009!

Is 318 Eugeno Maria De Hostos
101 Walton Street, Brooklyn, NY  11206
Last modified Is 318 Eugeno Maria De Hostos is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 318 Eugeno Maria De Hostos Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top