Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

If your child isnt violent. doesn't like or know how to fight don't sent the there. If you do please give them a cell phone as when they do get into fights you will not be notified by the school. From k-4. The principle has a very nasty disposition and almost has no time for the parents and our concerns.... My children don't have workbooks to bring home so I can see what they are doing in class to help with homework.... Im just disappointed in this school overall. If you can even call it a school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My daughter is in kindergarten. Has had to fight 4 times since school started. I didnt get one phone call telling me what happened. I found out when i picked her up and asked how was her day. My son is in 4th grade hes had to fight 3 times. I pulled my other 2 children out because of the same thing. Currently looking for another school. Dont put your children in this school unless the know martial arts or something.

My daughter has attended this school for the past 3 years and I honestly have no complaints. She is in the Special Education classroom setting, and all of her therapists and teacher have helped her make tremendous improvement in the classroom and with Speech Therapy. I am a satisfied parent.

nycrubberroomreporter.blogspot.com A blog about the quality and what goes on at 329. There is a real problem here.

It is really ashamed how people post untruths about schools based on their own personal issues. If the principal did such a terrible thing It could never be pushed aside. Proof of false info! A note for parents, If a teacher is pulled from a class there is a reason. research why, instead of downining the school. So your child is graduating, so this school was good for 6 yrs.

Principal threw a bookbag at a kid trying to hurt them, it got pushed to the side. Instead of being a principal she should be the bully on mermaid ave. She got to go, to make school good

I would not recommend this school to anyone. The administration walks around like it's a fashion show, they have no respect for the student and the principle is very unprofessional. Thank god my daughter is graduating. Her teacher was pulled from teaching that class and replaced in the last month of school for no reason. The teachers can't handle the students at times.... If u have other options don't send your child here.

I do NOT recommend this school! My child begun Pre-K here, her teacher was GREAT. One day when the children were being dismissed, a teacher (not her regular teacher) let her slip down icy, wet stairs by releasing her at the top of the stairs before I got to my child.Another accident happened, she hit her head against a wall and had a knot and a cut on her head, but I was not informed. There are more incidents, but I will not go into the rest. Some of the teachers DO care for the children, more than some Don't care for the children. Children are unsupervised ALOT of the time. The staff is rude, disrespectful and out of touch with parents.

P.S. 329 is coneyIsland best kept secret!! The staff there work so hard with the students and parents. The teachers are awsome they always keep parents inform of there child(ren) progress. and they do great things with the students.

My two kids go to this school for 3 years. They start from pre-k in this school. They like it there the teachers are very good they all working with the kids to make sure that all of them at the same lavel. Yes thre is some children who comes to school when ever they wake up but it is not their falt it is the parent who do not care about their kids futere. The stuff and techers do their best for the kid to learn more. My doughter in the first grade and she reads like 4th grader she writes stories. Most important she feels very confident in what she is doing.

Last modified Ps 329 Surfside is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.