Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school is the worst i have ever dealt with. They have no eagle program and they only have 1 "advanced" class. My child who reads on a 1st grade level was admitted in the class then during class taken out because they overbooked the children so they wanted to place him in a class with childres who cannot read. When i askedhow we can resolve this they basically told me this was my only option and that was that! Needless to say i will be at the superintendents office first thing tuesday morning. This school is over crowded and they do not care for the students at all!

I was happily surprised back in September that there were 5 FULL DAY pre-k classes at this school! Next year they are slated to have 7 full day Pre-k classes!! My child has learned so much throughout the year! Her teacher is so loving and is always available to me when I have any questions... She even gave me her cell number so I can contact her whenever need be. She is having fun learning through play and has really broken out of her shell. Also, she has just started to begin to read small books all on her own! I have seen some negative reviews but I have experienced nothing but positive experiences at PS 203.

PS 203 was a wonderful elementary school. I prepared my two son for their later success in school. Brent was so qualified that in his first year at middle school, he topped the State of Florida exams. He was given the opportunity to sit the SAT based on this performance in seventh grade. He obtained two partial scholarships. One from Duke university, the other from Stetson. Thanks Mrs. Xavier at PS203. Brandon, my second son was just invited into "The National Society of high school Scholars" Thanks to his third grade teacher, and his pre-K assistant teacher, who just loved him at PS 203.

Terrible . I went there as a child and allowed my son to attend there pre-k to 1st and the staff and teachers are worse then even . I took him out and his new school is amazing , the education level is 100% better than 203 . Take your children out immediately .

Terrible school. i wouldn't send my worse enemies child to that school. the school is not fit for any child with any type of disability. the staffs communication skills are sub par if you want to know whats going on with your child in school. the principal is very nice but very naive to whats going on around her in her own school. Its a fashion show with the staff. appearance and looking good comes 1st before the children and their safety. they complain more about being over worked and under paid than improving the learning for the children.

my son was attending this school and he got held back second grade. I was told his reading level was too low to promote him. but as his parent, I did not believe that. I remove him place him at another school, his new teacher asses him and told me that he was reading at third grade level but they could not promote him because he was held back already shame.

the principal is very nice however she has no control over her teachers. my son got mistreated and got left back. the teacher did not want to work with me or my son and nothing was done about it.

As a uniformed school,itmy belief that tougher rules to be put in place for every child to be in uniform everyday unless otherwise indicated , it seems as if there is a fashion show in the school after at least months into the school year. This action often allows the ones who are in uniform to question their parents- why should I have to wear uniform everday?

(Rating: March 2012) My children currently attend PS 203, aka convenience school. We live in the neighborhood and unfortunately, over the years its quality has declined. Most of the teachers seem overwhelmed and frustrated. The staff are snappy and rude. But, the principal is wonderful. She is very attentive and caring. Unfortunately, the budget cuts affected programs that the students desperately need. There are no extracurricular activities and the PTA is not a strong force. Parents seem more concerned about parking and picking up their children instead of volunteering. This school is on our fail list. Hopefully, a charter school will plant a much needed seed in the community.....asap. We're searching for a new school for 2012-13.

My daughter's Kindergarten and 1st grade teachers were great, however her 2nd grade teacher is terrible. She is lazy, always looks miserable and is constantly absent.

Last modified Ps 203 Floyd Bennett is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.