Brooklyn, NY

Posted July 18, 2014
P.S. 251 is a wonderful school I have had three kids attend this school two have graduated and the third is in 5th grade graduating next year.The principal and vice principal are constantly interacting with the kids and the parents I always see them walking around the school talking to the kids and the teachers. Every school has it's good and bad teachers but for the most part the teachers at this school are excellent and care deeply about their students.

Posted April 24, 2014
This is a wonderful school, teachers are very involved. The principal and assistant Principal are very effective. Some tightening up on discipline and more opportunities for children who are gifted needs to be engaged. They need a bilingual program and music program (kids should be given instruments for home). Each and every classroom should have highly effective teachers, not just a luck at the draw depending on whether you get it from year to year. Curriculum and Instructions should be aligned across grades, more collaboration amongst teachers, so that each child receive quality instruction. I would highly recommend 251 if concerns are address, overall though, a good school but have the infrastructure to be GREAT.

Posted September 11, 2013
Ms. Lopez, left my daughter back in the 1 st grade... Who does that? Thats horrible. I still dont like her. I heard she still tries to do theses things to kids. Pay attention if your child ends up in her class. My daughter neededto be evaluated for special ed. Not left back!! So sad.

Ps 251 Paerdegat 2

Posted June 08, 2013
My daughter has been going to this school since 1st grade and I wish I would have written a review then because it would have been a GLOWING one. She had a great teacher, one who cared about her students education. However we weren't so lucky for the 2nd grade, 3rd grade was better and this year is another bad teacher. It sucks when you feel as though you're playing lotto with your child's education because you are stuck going to your zoned school. PS 251 has all the ingredients to be a good school with a great stuff, (parent coordinators, AP and principle) PTA attendance, and good kids. But with all of that this school won't achieve higher scores without teachers who care. And honestly they are few and far in-between. My daughter will not graduate from this school because I am moving just so that I can get her into a better zone/school. Hopefully for the kids still there, there will be some sort of turn around.

Posted October 04, 2012
Excellent school with a caring staff and nurturing administration. The principal can be seen daily interacting with both parents and children before and during school. The teachers are good (mostly) and are willing to work with parents to improve the kids' education. In any school a parent MUST be involved if the child will be successful, and it is unfair to give the school fewer stars because the parents are not involved. The school does outreach and makes efforts, but a school can't FORCE parents to be involved. They have an wonderful environment that is receptive to parental involvement in several ways: SLT, PTA, Parents as Reading Partners and various volunteer programs, just to name a few. The only negative things about the school are that they no longer have an Eagle program for the Gifted and Talented students and there are no classes for foreign language. Other than that it is an excellent school with wonderful staff and faculty. From the crossing guards to the security to the secretaries to the teachers and administrators, I know that my sons are in good care when they walk through those doors.

Ps 251 Paerdegat 2

Posted September 07, 2011
When my children first started this school about 3 yrs ago the school was alot better.Now Some of the teachers seem to not want to be there or teach.there's a feeling one gets when you drop your child to school everyday knowing your child is recieving a good education by a teacher that really cares.some Of the security gaurds are extremely rude to children and parents..I'm really praying my daughter lucks out with a great teacher year I know they're are still some who care!

Posted March 16, 2010

Posted March 10, 2010

Posted March 02, 2010

Posted March 12, 2008
I am very Happy with P.S. 251. My son has attended since pre-k. There may be a very small set af teachers that may not know how to deal with children, but overall I am satisfied. I moved to another district 2 years ago and still kept my child in the school because it is great. Now he is graduating.

Ps 251 Paerdegat
1037 East 54th Street, Brooklyn, NY  11234
Last modified Ps 251 Paerdegat is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 251 Paerdegat Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top