Ps 277 Gerritsen Beach 4

Posted March 24, 2014
This school is a great school. The teachers care and so does the staff. I only wish that the school went up to the 8th grade. There should be a second level added to this school. I am sure this can be done if only the funding was there. It would be so much better to go from here directly to High school. If there is a way that this can be done I would like to be involved.

Posted September 26, 2013
My school is excellent. My two grand daughter's just moved here from South Carolina. In the three weeks since they started they have learned more than they did all last year in their old school. They have art and music and dance and gym. It is a very well rounded program. Great school

Ps 277 Gerritsen Beach 4

Posted July 15, 2013
My two children recently attended this school and I couldnt be any happier. Compared to some other schools in the area, this school was amazing. They take pride in their students. The community involvment is awesome as well. the new PTA group is great.

Posted October 29, 2012
The school is fabulous in every way. As a faculty member, I see the staff and parents work together to make sure that each child receives the optimum education possible and nothing less. I am proud to work there.

Ps 277 Gerritsen Beach 1

Posted January 26, 2011
The teachers are phenominal. The principle is out of touch and more concerned with strioking parents then teaching students. Parents are not parent of the process. Parent meetings are4 controlled by the principle and are primarily geared towards fund raising. by encouraging kids to eat un healthy fast food, and cereals. Teachers can't teach they train to pass teach. teachers have lost the freedom to educate.

Posted September 30, 2010
P.S. 277 is a great school, the teachers are there to help the children suceed in their educational needs. The staff could be, more helpful assisting the parents.

Posted May 21, 2010
PS 277 is the most nuturing school you can find. The administration and the staff all work together to not only achieve the fantastic scores on the ELA and Math tests but they work hard to help the children become productive and responsible adults . Thechildren are involved in community activities and charity work from the pr-k to 5 th grade. We love the children and our concern shows in the results we achieve . We will all miss the students who are graduating but we know they always return to see us.

Posted April 20, 2010
My child is graduating from 277 this June and I am going to miss this school! The staff is wondeful. They truly care about the kids and go out of their way to make learning a fun experience for the students.

Posted April 13, 2010
My son learned to read fluently in half a year, the kids are loved and taken care of. The teachers are very nice.

Posted December 09, 2009

Ps 277 Gerritsen Beach
2529 Gerritsen Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11229
Last modified Ps 277 Gerritsen Beach is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 277 Gerritsen Beach Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top