Posted October 27, 2012
I went there in the 50's - Yes I am that old. I received a superb basic education that prepared me for High School, College and Grad School. Thank you! Howard Flomberg

Ps 19 Roberto Clemente 1

Posted October 11, 2012
Many of the teachers at this school have been there for so long they feel that rules no longer apply to them. They smoke in front of the building all the time, I've heard them speak horrible about each other etc. The principal can be blamed a lot for this, all she does is sit in her chair. She does not great the parents during dismissal, parent teacher conferences or PTA meetings. The way she speaks of Hispanic parents in the community is horrendous. I am giving the school a one because the page will post the comment if I gave it a lower score. P.S I am glad the school has closed and converted into mini schools yet I have been told she is still the principal of one of the schools. Hiding her and the bad apples will not allow the school and the students excell to their maximum potential.

Ps 19 Roberto Clemente 2

Posted September 13, 2011
The principal is usually in her office except for when the annual review comes. The assistant principal will smile in your face but is untrustworthy, has damaged several teachers careers or run them out of the school and continues to try to do so with senior teachers but tenure keeps them reasonably safe. Teachers are really trying, have to give them credit. Students need a lot of help, parents need to be more involved, positively.

Posted June 05, 2011
I attend P.S 19 as a child and i had transfer to a catholic school but had return back because the catholic school didn't challenge me academically. The teachers that where there was i was going left a profound impression on my life. So i can image if the education was great then it's probably beter now.

Posted November 11, 2010
The teachers and staff are top notch. They will go above and beyond to help their students achieve sucess.

Posted October 31, 2010
I have worked in this school for ovr 25 years. During this time I have seen the neighborhood change but economically not for the families living there for a long priod of time. The children (students) that I have taught have always been a pleasure to teach and parent support not as strong as it should be. The school is in great physical shape and we recently had a new playground installed which is used constantly by the community at large. There is much potential for this school but we have seen a drastic reduction in registration as families are moving as a result of young aults flocking the area, cafes popping up, antique stores, restaurnts, etc. yet most do not have children to attend this school. We have a Senior staff of experienced teachers with 10 or more years teaching and all have Master's Degrees. This is a wonderful school to send children to and we look forward to another school year. We welcome all students and are striving to create a diversified school environment.

Posted September 14, 2009
I truly feel that this school is making significant leaps towards success! The faculty and administration are working closely together to ensure success in every child. As a result, the quality of the school has improved and more students are making the grade!

Posted June 25, 2009
i think this school is excellent the teachers great they have a heart and they really care for the students i should know i myself attended that school when i was young

Ps 19 Roberto Clemente 1

Posted April 10, 2009

Ps 19 Roberto Clemente 4

Posted September 18, 2008
Teachers in this school have a heart and a passion for reaching students at all levels and bringing forth their potential. They work super hard to help students regardless of level or ability to become the best they can a little at a time. Let's look at the good we have and keep encouraging those that are here.

Ps 19 Roberto Clemente
325 S 3rd St, Brooklyn, NY  11211
Last modified Ps 19 Roberto Clemente is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 19 Roberto Clemente Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top