Is 30 Mary White Ovington 3

Posted January 22, 2014
The school recently moved into a much bigger school compared to the past. The principle, Ms. Heerman of the school is very superior but, she is nice to the students and glad to help. In my opinion some teachers are glad to help and do very care, and some discriminate us as students and one teacher actually told us you're one day going to grow up and sit on a couch doing nothing... the sad thing is, it was specifically said to the boys which is considered sexist. Overall I rate this school a 3/5. The school is a public school where we wear low-quality uniforms where the buttons rip out easily, we pay 12$ for a shirt we are forced to wear that have loose buttons and some aren't even in the right place! They do not keep warm and feels as if you're clothes-less.

Posted January 07, 2014
The principal's name is Ms. Heeraman. She is outstanding and compassionate. Ms. Heeraman has adequate experience in running middle schools and is a Harvard graduate! She is fair, knows all the children by name and has a stellar group of teachers. My daughter will be graduating this year and we will miss the school. This is a principal who in the middle of school vacation attended a funeral for the sibling of one of the students. She is a true educator and the school deserves more than five stars.

Is 30 Mary White Ovington 1

Posted May 09, 2013
This principal is an insufferable incompetent, suited for a dictatorship in the Banana Republic. She has no respect for the students and limited knowledge on the educational process. I feel bad for the very talented staff of educators who, in general, seem to care about the students and seem intent on furthering their minds. I sincerely hope the DOE reviews the situation carefully and removes her.

Posted June 25, 2011
This is a great school with highly professional , respectfull staff ,who always help student to reach thier goal, and help parents under stand every thing about thier children acadimic proformance

Posted October 12, 2009
It is an excellent school with great teachers.

Is 30 Mary White Ovington 1

Posted June 04, 2009

Posted December 27, 2008

Posted December 22, 2008
The teachers really help students reach their highest potential and prepare them big time for high school. It's a very tough school, and the teachers are very strict. That's what's so great about I.S. 30!!

Posted November 28, 2008

Is 30 Mary White Ovington 4

Posted September 15, 2008
I am a new student as I.S.30 ( as a 6th grader ) I love everything, I was really nervous about the first day, and the teachers and faculty helped everyone so much. I love this school!

Is 30 Mary White Ovington
415 Ovington Ave, Brooklyn, NY  11209
Last modified Is 30 Mary White Ovington is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 30 Mary White Ovington Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top