I am a student at Bay and I can tell that it is a wonderful and amazing school. This school prepares us for high school and life in many ways This is a bully free school and the students their are very nice. This is a fantastic school. It also very safe. I would strongly recommend that you send your child to this school. Mark Twain is so over rated. Even though their are AC in only a few rooms the experience is worth it. They have state of the art gym and soon a brand new library. They also know that the transition from 5th grade to 6th is hard but they make it easy for you. I love this school and i am sure that you would love it too if you went their.
This school is for eager students that would lunge at any great opportunity given to them. It is disappointing to hear parents complaing about lack of homework and education. Trust me, I graduated but I remember the horrors of the stacks of homework given to me. If your children say that they dont have homework or a project and etc. They are probably using it as an excuse to go outside or just watch TV or play games. The teachers 90% chance that she or he will give you homework today. A lot of times the homework is given ONLINE on EDLINE. IF your child have INFORMED you about the website that trackes your childs progress and notifies you about all of the homework given on that day. Also math teachers give homework EVERY DAY!!! It is by law! And stop whining about that the school never shows its SHSAT results! The point it there is nothing to HIDE! It is inside the building and there is a chart hanging near the school entrance. Around 70% of the students in this school get into Specialized High Schools and the rest 30% go to Midwood, Murrow, and Goldstein. Its right in front of the building. People like these bring a good school down. This school is the golden chance for your child
This school is for gifted and talented students interested in drama, science, vocal, instrumental, art, dance, etc. We follow all common core procedures and all students try our best. All teachers are dedicated to their work and work hard to give us a nice education. Each class has science, Latin, social studies, math, and English, including talent as one of the classes. Students respect the teacher and ask questions when they are confused. Many find this school in an excellent learning environment and look forward to coming again the following year. I like the fact that the school allows us as a privilege to watch shows that the dance and vocal talent put on. I think the school could improve by at least having some air conditioned classes as well as the auditorium. All student complain they are hot, but no one could do anything about it.
My school is The Bay Academy. It is an excellent school. All of the classes, teachers and staff are fantastic. The school has received great ratings and reviews, from New York City DOE and others. AWESOME SCHOOL
BEST SCHOOL EVERRRRRRRRRRR... just wish the gym could be fixed this year :/ Bay academy is really tight on subjects like math and science. In addition, the school divide you by your talents, so students can receive extra classes a week on doing what they love. ... YAYYYYY!
Sure they give a lot of homework, but that's how we are going to deal with life! Teachers are nice and anything bad happens, it gets solved right away! It is clean, and a lot of students enjoy what they like to do in their talents!!!!!!
Just spoke to the staff over the phone. Called to ask if they have after-school programs and bus services. The person from the main office was rude and speaking in a high tone, trying to dominate. I asked her to lower her voice and give me the information I need more in details. She said that she didn't know what they'd have in September, it is based on funding. Great! With this sentence she was ready to hang up leaving me with no answer. Anyway I told her that I will rate her, so others will be careful. I'm not sure should I send my child there or not?
I graduated from this school three years ago, and am now a junior in Brooklyn Technical High School. For the person who said that Bay Academy doesn't report their Specialized HS acceptance rates, just about 75% in my graduating class (Computers & Math '10) got into either Tech, Stuy, or one of the prestigious non-SHSAT schools such as Midwood and such. Granted, I don't feel particularly prepared in the Bay for the rigor of high school (if any student sees this review, please learn proper studying habits now. My average in Bay was a 96, and now my transcript average is an 88, partially because the Bay didn't really encourage studying habits. Everything on the tests were relatively easy). However, it was a great school for developing social skills, I'll give it that.