Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

The hw was easy I finished in less then a hour

I went to this school all kids curse even in after school I was bullied because I was from ps65 the staff leaders played music with curses in it it was a terrible experience

I just feel that over the years PS 7 is on a downward spiral. I keep hoping that the school will improve, but I don't see how a school can improve when they are consistently inconsistent!

PS 7 has been a very good school. My kids attended the school and also had the chance to work in the after school program many years ago. My daughter had great teachers tthen when she was 6 7,8 and to this day these great teachers are still members of PS 7 staff in which my son had the aportunity to have as his teacher as well untill last year. Overall, PS 7 is by far the best school of this neighbirhood

My school is pretty good. I am not giving it 4 or 5 stars because in the last four years I have seen PS 7 cut its Music, Drama programs and reduce Physical Education for the students (only having a few grades participate in gym, while higher grades focus on test prep). Our fantastic Principal, Ms. Acevedo,retired, leaving this year with a bit of chaos. The teachers are amazing; always motivating the students with limited resources available to them. The new Principal, Ms. Noel, is not new to PS7. I am sure with her leadership, many years at PS 7 and experience as an Assistant Principal will ensure that PS 7 will make a comeback. They have 5th grade now too, so the administration, the staff and students are still in transition mode and I hope that PS7 will be better and better than it was before. So, I give them 3 stars because the best is yet to come.

I think that this is a great school compared to other schools

I used attend this school, and in my opinion it is the best one that I have ever gone to. I was always encouraged to do my best and I always did with the help of my helping fellow classmates and teacher. The teacher and students there are very nice. I wish I was the school was up to 8th grade so that I could still attend this school. I remember when I was graduating and I was reading a speech about the 4 years that I was in the school and every other student in my auditorium agreed that P.S.7 was the best thing that happened to them and that they will miss this school terribly.

This is a very good school. The pricipal, teachers, and staff are very caring and competent. My son passed first grade here and is going in to second, and I was very statisfied with how much he learned during the school year. I think my son had enough homework, but not enough to keep him challenged (he usually finished his homework within one hour or less, and I reviewed it for accuracy). I am definetely looking forward to this new school year. Unfortunately, the school has been affected by budget cuts and they do not have as it is enough extracurricular activities for the kids as well as sports programs; programs that are essencial for our children development and growth. I think that as parents we need to work with the school to expand this area. The building was always maintained very clean, and decorated with the childrens work in the hallways, and the security was always alert to people coming and leaving the school.

I agree! It is a fantastic school and my kids cant wait to start the new year. They dont just learn the basics, but they learn about the world past and present. I just wish it went at least to the 5th grade.

My children have attended this school since 2006. The teachers are wonderful, and the curriculum is awesome! When my son was in Pre-K he learned so much. They encouraged him to learn 100 words to be prepared for Kindergarden. He learned about Christopher Columbus and others. The learning does not stop there, all grades learn about ancient civilizations to the world we live in today. They put on amazing shows which shows the awesome things they learn. The teachers are warm, receptive, encouraging, and engaging. The priniciple is wonderful! She greets the students at the door every morning. The after school program also accepts children from kindergarden. The program is available Mon-Fri from 3-5:45 pm. The also participate in summer programs from 8-5:30 PM that are FREE. I hope they keep the funding in this school, many parents rely on it. I recommend PS 7 to all!!

Last modified Ps 7 Abraham Lincoln is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.