Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

The school has received recognition in this area obtaining the Respect For All award in the district.

I was recently on a tour of this school. They have 5 Pre-K classes (all are in a separate wing with their own bathroom). School is bright sunny, two playgrounds (one to finished this year), students have designated areas for any special services they may need; currently offer dance enrichment which will be offered to lower grades come Fall 2015. Differential tasks given to students who are advanced. Administration knew names of students. Hidden gem. The school will be offering a Dual-Language Kindergarten class come fall of 2016. As other dual language programs, half of the seats will be designated for non-native speakers which may possibly allow for new incoming non-native speaking students.

My daughters are in 5th and kindergarten here. Amazing school. The staff is so friendly. I transferred my daughter in 3rd grade because I did not like her previous school, they were so rude and the students were so bad she couldn't even concentrate in class. But here at PS380 they are respectful and listen to you and your child. My daughter has asked for help in math from her teacher and she will take her lunch period to help her. Great school, I'm sad my daughter is graduating this year. I wish it went to 8th grade. Lol

I have three child in this school and for me is the best one I fell like I'm living my kids with some one of my family and this is what make this school one of the best one for me . they have great teacher. Great communications with parent at any time . Excellent . School my other daughter is 1 year and I will put her in the school with my eyes closet.

My daughter is now going into the 3rd grade. My experience in observing the school, teachers and principal is exceptional. They truly are dedicated to the children which is refreshing to see. They are informative with the parents and if anything is wrong you can always go the principal Ms. Vitolo who is amazing and resolves things immediately and the staff follows up so you are always in the loop of everything. I wish this school went to the 8th grade because it is just that AMAZING. This is the foundation of our children's future and I am happy to say that my daughter has a great future ahead because of this school and the great staff.

This school strives for nothing but excellence, and it achieves it.

My son has been a student at PS 380 since Pre-K. He is now in the 3rd grade. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. He is learning so much. He is in an early enrichment program which is teaching him how to work on computer programs, like Microsoft office. He has already put together a Power Point presentation at home. The teachers are wonderful and everywhere he goes all staff know his name. They are very family oriented. Can't wait for my daughter to attend in 3 more years.

My two daughters go to PS 380. One is in 1st grade the other is in 2nd grade. I myself went to PS 380 and graduated when I was in 5th grade. This school is a very family oriented school. The parent staff are wonderful and friendly people. The Principal is very much involved in each child's life. I live in Queens and I travel 40 minutes everyday just so they can go to PS 380.

Last modified Ps 380 John Wayne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.