Brooklyn, NY

Is 340 5

Posted February 29, 2008
I went to the school in 2004 and graduated in 2007. It was the best experience in my life. The teachers are great and I don't know what you are talking about the aren't fights all the time. And the cops only come because the high school down the block tries to jump us. I loved my teacher especially Mr. Parker he was tough but cool. I do admit it has a sprinkle of bad kid and i was one of them. It's a small school and I had many, many friends. If your child is quiet and doesn't make friends easily you should send them to this school. I was a quiet child when I came, but now if you go back and ask about me all the teachers know me. I will always remember this school even in my school now I always compare it to this school.good school.

Posted September 01, 2007
I am a parent of an 07 eight grader I am pleased with the rigor of the academics and quality of the parental involvement. The no nonsense policy really helps and lets parents as well as students know that education is serious business. They are working at enhancing their extra curricular activites. There is a boys squad that was put in place to allow boys the opportunity to strive for excellence and know that there are other opportunities out there. The parent coordinator is excellent and reaches beyond to ensure that everyone is happy

Posted September 29, 2005
I am a new parent to the school. I would like to see more physical and musical activities for the children.

Posted August 08, 2005
a wonderful school with great academic program. Teachers are committed, homework given everyday. parents are very involved.

Posted July 20, 2005
- a former student
The school is small compared to other schools in the district but this makes the school better because it child can never get lose and in the classroom your child can get more attention which will make her learn better and not be afraid to participate.

Posted February 21, 2005
- a former student
I would not send my child to this school because the teachers dont make enough effort to help the kids. and there is too much violence that cops have to be there watching them almost everyday!

Is 340
227 Sterling Place, Brooklyn, NY  11238
Last modified Is 340 is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 340 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top