No rating

St Francis Xavier School

Private | PK-8 | 10 students

Living in Brooklyn

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $709,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,870.

Posted October 29, 2012

My son graduated from SFX in 2010 where he attended since grade 4 (after the regrettable closure of St. Thomas Aquinas). In general I was pleased with the quality of education and discipline at St. Francis Xavier. Love her or hate her, Sister Kathleen (who has since finally retired) had a very long tenure for a reason. She was strict, rigid even, and totally no-nonsense, but she cared about the students. I believe this even though she was known to make some off-colored or downright offensive comments. The teachers felt a little stressed to me, but my son managed to do very well and graduated first honors.

Posted February 26, 2010

St. Francis Xavier is an excellent elementary school. My daughters graduated a few years ago and are doing extremely well in high school. Their progress is based on the solid foundation that was laid at St. Francis. As a parent, I strongly support the discipline administered at the school. Discipline is teaching, and my children were taught so they can be even better at what they do. A child who receives discipline will more likely be a disciplined adult. At St. Francis, my daughters were taught to believe in themselves and to always strive for academic as well as moral excellence. Although we teach our children at home it is always wonderful when their school environment fosters and encourages these standards. Sister Kathleen is a superb principal! The very best in all of Brooklyn! Thank you Sister and the entire Staff.

Posted May 8, 2009

the best school in all of brooklyn, great education for children

Posted December 4, 2008

Two of my four children went to this school. It was a big mistake. They lived in fear the entire time. Now that I know what else is out there I am so glad my other two have had wonderful experiences elsewhere. Fear is no way to educate!

Posted April 23, 2008

St.Francis Xavier School is such a wonderful learning place for me. I have been in St.Francis Xavier since Kindergarten. Now I'm in 8th grade getting ready to graduate in two months. Sister Kathleen is an excellent principal. She makes sure everything is in order everday. The teachers are also amazing. They help you understand what you don't get and are very friendly. This is why I like St. Francis Xavier School.

Posted April 16, 2008

St. Francis Xavier school is one of the best catholic schools in Brooklyn. The students are friendly and enjoyable. The teachers are exteremely helpful and kind. The tuition is less than most catholic schools in Brooklyn.This school had helped me to grow as a person and also gave me an excellent education.

Posted January 22, 2008

My two little girls attend SFX and they have been there since Kindergarten one is in the 4th grade and the other in 2nd grade. It saddens me that other families have had negative feedback on this school. I speak for myself and only myself when I say that my girls are receiving a great education and the help I get from the teachers and Sister Kathleen is wonderful. My oldest finally made 1st honors this year and let me tell you she worked hard for it even attending summer school for Math. Ms. Gregory made sure she worked her tutu off and it paid off with an A in Math. All and all everyone has their own opinion but for me there is no better school.

Posted January 15, 2008

I love St Francis Xavier I went to that school when sister first became principal. my neices and nephews all go to that school. I received the best education. I now work in special education for the New York city Public school system and i would like to tell everyone that teachers in SFX give more of themselves then any other school in all of New York. The support staff are the most pleasant I have ever been around. The school is always clean and well taken cared of. You never feel like you dont belong when you enter the school everyone is welcomed

Posted January 14, 2008

I have two children that attend the school which I believe is an excellent school. My oldest daughter started St. Francis at 3rd grade after school hopping from public to private school and even a Montessori school. She is now in the 6th grade and an honor student. She is disciplined and respectful which is what the school reinforces in addition to overall quality academic education. My second child is in Kindergarten and has adapted quite well. My friends that are public school teachers feel that my children are on on target with their learning! St. Francis does their best to develop the minds of their students. The prinicpal has fought hard to keep tuition down as fundraising is not the major focus, merely a supplement.

Posted January 11, 2008

I have children in two seperate grades, and they are both receievng a top-notch education. I am very impressed with the way the school operates. The principal is friendly and very fair to the students; the teachers that my children have had are the best! I would higly recommend this school to all!

Posted January 11, 2008

This school is a wonderful school . I had my daughter in another school were they only care about how much the money they had and fundraising. Here in St. Francis there is only three fund raisers a year. The other school everytime I turn around they were ask for money. The tuition is lower then any other school in the area. The teachers are great they help the student reach their goals and if they need any extra help, this school alot of resources to help them. Next year I will be sending my son.

Posted January 11, 2008

I have a son who is in high school and 2 children still in school. I have worked with Sister Kathleen for over 15 years and found her to be a wonderful person and a Marvelous Principal. She has been Principal here for 35 years. Great Work - keep it up Sister - we need you. Kathy

Posted January 11, 2008

I am a graduate from St. Francis, Class of 2005. While in SFX, I received an education that I am fully content with. I received excellent help from all the teachers and from Sister Kathleen, who are now my friends. I recommend this school to all parents who want a good education for their children! Thank you! Jessica

Posted January 10, 2008

I am a graduate of SFX and so are my brother and sister. We all received the best education and guidance from the faculty. We and many others I know have gone on to higher education and all is because of the foundation we gained at SFX.

Posted September 18, 2007

I have been a part of the Saint Francis Xavier Family now for 11 years. My oldest son attended the school and did very well. I now have 2 more children in the school and am very happy with their academic progress. The teachers and principal are very dedicated, they are willing to work with your child if they need the extra help. My children are very happy at this school.

Posted July 11, 2007

Putting my child in this school was the worst mistake I ever made in my life. All they seem to care about was their fundraisers and tuition. Academics were very weak. My adviceto you, save your money look for a good school in your area. Look for tests scores, academics go for a tour.....thanks

Posted May 29, 2007

This school is great. my kids loved and their learned so much. I am very happy with the result.

Posted April 30, 2007

The school is a excellent school My children love it they been in school since 1st grade.

Asian 3% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Dorothy Taylor
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

763 President Street