No rating

St. Joseph High School

Private | 9-12 | 312 students

Student diversity

Living in Brooklyn

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $590,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,870.

Posted October 10, 2012

my daughter enjoy going to this school. if your daughter is a easy going child , i believe this school will be a good fit. the staff work hard , and the school is clean , and my child enjoy the lunch. most of all she feel safe .

Posted September 24, 2009

I am Junior attending St. Joseph's. I have nothing but awesome things to say about it. But Most people who say negative things about a school are usually people who do not like schoolto begin with because if learning is what you love, St. Joseph is THE PLACE.First, I love all my teachers. They are all about encouraging you and helping you move forward to become the successful women of tomorrow.My principal is great, she is always around to help. She knows just about every face that walks into the building.She makes an effort to know you,in my case she knows me by first and lastname.The teachers and the entire faculty are completely devoted to create a safe environment where you can learn and find help if you need it. Yes, it's an all girls school and that was my biggest issue at first but now it's my biggest comfort. -MT

Posted January 7, 2008

St. Joseph High School was a really decent high school. It helped me get to where I am now. I wouldn't change the fact that I attended St. Joseph's at all. I just feel that it needed a bit more programs.

Posted February 28, 2005

I attended the school and completed the four years. There were not many programs available to the students, there were no social gathering, such as trips nor events. When there where events, there were no structure, and things were left up to senior student body and not a facilitater. This made me want more and feel left in a loop. Very few teachers reached out, and when i thought i would get the assistance, again i was left in a loop. I didnt grow in my academics and it was a time that made me feel unsatisfied and i didnt feel like furthering my college potential because of the mediocre atmosphere and lack of quality personell.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 23, 2004

I am a student at St.Joseph H.S. My experience here has been extraordinary. The teachers help each and every girl to do their very best in anything.The principal is very nice and does her best to help the students there as well. St. Joseph High is a very comfortable enviroment to be in. I say St. Joseph High would be the best choice for your daughter especially if she wants to have a business career in the future. The text books are excellent. They are very useful and give many helpful guidelines in how to pass each coarse. The uniforms are not bad at all. This school also provides many after school activities such as chorus, art, cheerleading, basketball, speech team, excel etc. These after school activities are fun. Come check out this school for your daughter. You'll like it and so will your daughter.

Posted July 16, 2004

St. Joseph is a very cozy school. The teachers are very kind and try to help you as much as possible with school related material. Most of the teachers' main focus during the school year is preparing the students for the regents exams that are taken at the end of sophmore and junior year. The school is very family oriented and every teacher knows every student by name even if they've never taught them before. It's also very diverse and the location is very convenient. Most of all the trains pass through there on a one block radius. I would recommend this school to anyone especially someone who is looking to major in Business or English in college. The academic counselors really try to get you to get the most appealing transcript to the college you are looking forward to going to depending on what you're looking to major in.

Posted September 9, 2003

The classes that are offered at this school improved only after I left the school. Some of the teachers there at that time were very jaded. I went to that high school for four years, and when I graduated I still had yet to be taught about algebra. The text books at the time needed to be replaced with new ones as well. Also, when I was scouting for a high school to go to this high school talked of the many extracurricular activities that they had there, but when I started going to the school it seemed that conveniently all of those activities were no longer being offered. I hope that this has changed by now. The cafeteria food left a lot to be desired. I am hoping that that too has changed. Even if it has you might want to pack a lunch for your daughter. The security at the high school at the time that I was going there needed to be looked at. That too might have changed by now. Also, there needed to be more field trips. We went on a field trip twice in my 4 years of being there, and that was in our senior year. I do have to say that while going there the principal was very highly regarded. She was fair, and did many things to try to better the school. Hence the many new classes that are now being offered there. In short, before you send your daughter to this school or any other ask many questions, go visit the school in question, and check to see that the text books are up to date before having your daughter spend four years in it. Oh, and make sure the math classes, and english classes are the best around. I cannot stress that enough.

• Joan M. Gallagher
  • All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious