Brooklyn, NY

Posted June 03, 2013
I actually went to this school for 9 years (kindergarten-8th). How well the school works for you depends on what you are looking for. I went to the St. Jude Campus and if you are looking for a safe environment for your children then this school is definitely for you. The students, some I had known all my life, are very nice and soon it starts to feel like a family. The staff are also very caring and had watched grown up to be who I am today. When it comes to academics, the school is not that strong in math. It has been 3 years since I have graduated so things may have changed, but you need to keep in mind that many private schools such as OLT are more skilled at english, science and history courses than math. With that being said you may find it to be lacking in the math area when it comes time fore you child to graduate or transfer to a public school. (ended up receiving tutoring for math to make up for what I didn't learn in 9th grade) I really loved going to this school and made so many wonderful memories, but no two people's experiences are the same so make sure this school suits your tastes.

Posted December 13, 2012
I love that my son has grown into OLM campus. He loves the staff and teachers. They are disciplined and respectful children. They may get rowdy at times, but still respectful. I love the Catholic Community. I want to thank all the teachers in OLM, you may not get paid much but what you do is worth all the money in the world. I want to say Thank You.

Posted December 04, 2012
I just discovered this website, and I am greatly disappointed. Our Lady of Trust School is made up of TWO campuses, St. Jude and Our Lady of Miracles, or OLM. I do not see ANY information regarding the OLM campus in this profile. My child attends the OLM campus, and the teachers and staff at OLM are outstanding. They go out of their way to communicate with parents, and they often buy supplies for their students with their own money. I am quite angry that they don't get the recognition they deserve. The administration does not communicate with the OLM staff as they should, and I often feel that the OLM campus is not treated equally to St. Jude. Many parents I spoke with feel that OLM is a much better environment for their children than St. Jude. Just last year, several parents transferred their children to OLM from St. Jude. OLM has an amazing support staff, from our wonderful guidance counselor, speech therapist, SETTS teacher, and our Title 1 reading and math teachers. The classroom teachers ALWAYS make time to speak with parents, often at short or no notice. They provide excellent classroom instruction and our students are well behaved, respectful, and polite. OLM is the best!

Posted June 10, 2012
My son has started Our Lady of Trust since kindergarten. He loves being with the same classmates each year. As a parent, I feel very satisfied when I drop my child off, knowing he is safe. The teachers and staff are very kind and I appreciate that. My only complaint is I feel the school has too many half days and days off. Not every working parent has the support team of other family members to pick up and stay home when the school is closed so often. If I have to pull my child from this school, this would be the reason.

Posted April 26, 2012
As a teacher at Our Lady of Trust Catholic Academy, I am proud to say I have witnessed many students grow into fine young adults. The dedication and genuine concern toward the children from the faculty and staff have positively impacted our students and has helped to foster a pleasurable environment that is conducive to learning.

Posted August 14, 2011
My eldest son is now in the 6th grade, he has attended OLT St Jude since Kindergarten. He has had wonderful teachers who strive for exellence, are fair and impart discipline as needed. The school has a family like atmoshere where every teacher and staff member knows each student by name and the parents by name. This is important because "it take a village to raise a child" and OLT St Jude is its own village where every teacher, staff member and worker looks out for each child. Also, the Principal is very approachable, willing to listen to parents and their ideas.

Our Lady Of Trust Catholic Accadamy 3

Posted December 22, 2010
Could be much better if they offer more sports activities, not only GYM 1 hour per week

Posted December 22, 2010
I agreed they need to give out more information regardng how to obtain applications to help parent with tuitions special with this very bad economy.

Our Lady Of Trust Catholic Accadamy 0

Posted February 11, 2010
i think its really awsome. st jude rockss!!!

Our Lady Of Trust Catholic Accadamy 1

Posted September 10, 2009

Our Lady Of Trust Catholic Accadamy
1696 Canarsie Road, Brooklyn, NY  11236
Last modified Our Lady Of Trust Catholic Accadamy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Trust Catholic Accadamy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top