PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I am a former student of IHM, attending through 7th grade. After leaving there due to a relocation, I realized how far ahead I was from my peers the following year. They faculty was wonderful, and I would definitely recommend this school to anyone looking for a solid foundation.

Wonderful atmosphere and tremendous diversity. Knowledgable and friendly staff. More than enough activities and there is always parent/teacher communication.

We have been happy with the PK program. The kids of PK have time to play but also learn academic skills to help their development along and prep them for school. They wear sweat suits for their uniforms, which seems to work out fine. There are "dress down" days. We are not Catholic and weren't sure whether we would fit in, but there is a wide range of families, in terms of religion, ethnicity, economics, and values & politics. Don't get me wrong, it is definitely a Catholic school (religious assemblies and Christian holidays are part of the routine), but if you can deal with that graciously, you'll find it's a nice environment. -And great for the cost, by the way! The older kids are kind and polite to the younger ones, which is impressive. The teachers seem to be dedicated. The principal is available if you have questions or concerns. The front desk staff is friendly. It has the feel of a family overall. We like it a lot more than we expected to and will continue there at least for next year. Good luck in your search!

I've been very impressed and very happy with IHM. My child is learning, thriving and really enjoying himself. Their Pre-K problem will allow him to be ready for all the challenges that Kinder will bring, and he's on the path of getting a great education.

This hidden treasure of a school is no longer the secret it once was. IHM offers Pre-K 3 through 8th Grade. The quality education starts at the beginning and is carreid through to the end. The school's principal and administrative staff are totally committed to providing a top-notch education for a very reasonable tuition. Paretnal involvement is better than most schools with ample opportunity for parents to be involved in developing new projects or ongiong projects. Teachers are fully dedicated to their students and the mission of the school. The diversity of the student body is more dynamic than your average school, including enrollment of many non-Catholic students receiving the same quality education as their Catholic peers. We feel blessed and fortunate to have found this oasis of loving education in the middle of Brooklyn. IHM is a school you should consider for your children.

IHM is a great environment for kids! There are so amny different activities going on and the children are very engaged. Teachers, and staff are very caring and parents treat all kids as their own.

My daughter was in public school for 2 years. I felt the school was not challenging my daughter enough. I am so happy I found ihm. The school is wonderful. The atmospere, the teachers, the faculty are very welcoming. My daughter will get the best possible education at this school. I also have a son, 'the public system' felt my they needed to put a llabel on my son. But since he have started ihm I have had no problems. Changing my kids school from public to private has been the best decision I have made

I love IHM. I am a graduate and my daughter currently is in the 4th grade at IHM. What can I say about a school that has nourished my mind as well as my spirituality? The teachers are great. The standard of education is incredible. The parish is warm,welcoming and wonderful. To this day I carry around many of the life lessons that I learned from IHM. It makes me proud to say that my daughter is attending the same school that I graduated from. Words cannot express the feelings I have for IHM. It is something you have to experience for yourself.

The amazing faculty and adminstrators, the modern, clean facility, the dedication of the parish to the school, and the overall success of the school's mission.

My Daughter just completed Pre-k here, we had planed only on doing pre-k, But we've decided to stay because of the amazing education, and great staff. After touring pretty much every school around, there isn't any that holds a candle to IHM, where there is so much hands on learning. The middle schoolers are learning power point, and buddy with younger grades They have an amazing community, and huge go green push. Several full school events to show case the students work. There are lots of extra curriculars as well, girl/boy scouts, after school, lots of sports and theatre for the upper grades. There is a surprisingly diverse group of kids with different religious, ethnic and economic levels, diversity is celebrated and embraced here. The students learn alot about culture, the academics are amazing, my daughter writes and reads, the school has a large emphasis on technology that supports the learning.

Last modified Immaculate Heart Of Mary is a Private school that serves grades PK-8